pH: 8.2 (yesterday)
TA: 70 (yesterday)
CH: 70 (yesterday)
CYA: 0 (yesterday)
SALT: 3200 (yesterday)
TEMPERATURE: 71° (yesterday)
CSI: -0.29 (yesterday)
=====================================
Pool Math is telling me add 15lbs of CYA and 62lbs of calcium chloride our water here has no calcium apparently.

I added 20 baume MA to lower pH but with Easter festivities did not get to retest. I will tonight and repost. I have a SWG and I am running it 8 hours a day at 70%. As I try to tune in the right amount of run time based on sunlight here is SC.

Is the amount of calcium and CYA something I should add in slowly (I have read about sock method for CYA) and are the suggestions for where to buy CYA since all I seem to see is chlorox for $25 a 5lb tub near me. Also not seeing a lot calcium chloride available in the south.

Thanks

needsajet

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 4, 2016
Sydney, NSW, Australia
I'd start by adding 30 ppm CYA, and 3 ppm FC, and see if the FC stabilizes.

I'd also double-check the calcium number. It can be done at either a 10 ml sample or a 25 ml sample. If it's a 10 ml sample, then each drop is 25 ppm calcium. If that's all good, then I'd add half the calcium. Pool store will have calcium, and yeh, it's a bit expensive from them!

Adding your test kit (K-2006 or TF-100) to your signature would be helpful.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Took a quick look at the water report for your area - states 30 ppm CH for your fill water. So you will need calcium chloride around. Plus you might consider using Cal Hypo for chlorinating.

Amazon has calcium chloride - $30 for 25lbs. Check your pool stores and see what they charge.
Be careful of De-Icers, they tend to have too much Na and Mg in them, plus some have sand.

madtv126

Gold Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
Fort Mill, SC
Thanks everyone. I added my test kits and reran full TF-100 again here are my numbers.

========================================
------------------------------------------
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 0.5 (56 seconds ago)
CC: 0.5 (56 seconds ago)
pH: 7.9 (56 seconds ago)
TA: 80 (56 seconds ago)
CH: 175 (56 seconds ago)
CYA: 0 (56 seconds ago)
SALT: 3200 (56 seconds ago)
TEMPERATURE: 75° (56 seconds ago)
CSI: -0.10 (56 seconds ago)
========================================
Good call needsajet on the calcium retest clearly I mis calculated. I am flying through chlorine with my SWG. Are you guys saying add calhypo to the pool to boost free chlorine then run the SWG like normal to maintain.

And I clearly need calcium and CYA and can get both from puritech on Amazon.

Thanks a ton to all.

splashpad

Bronze Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
SE Kansas!
... I am flying through chlorine with my SWG. Are you guys saying add calhypo to the pool to boost free chlorine then run the SWG like normal to maintain.

And I clearly need calcium and CYA and can get both from puritech on Amazon.
The Cal-Hypo will add FC AND calcium :) (check PoolMath to see how much to add)
It will kill "2 birds with 1 powder" ;)
You could also use some pucks if you have a good deal nearby, as you need both components at the moment (CYA, FC), just note it will dissolve slowly, so it won't show up in tests right away