Adding cal hypo 73% - how?

Wow - conflicting answers, which one is the OP to follow?
Actually in this case - either. The OP has a plaster pool so granules sitting on the floor are unlikely to cause any issues, especially if brushed occasionally. If the pool was a liner, then pre-mixing might be more appropriate. We're discussing this a bit "behind the MOD curtain" to see if procedures should be added to the Recommended Chemicals page for granule-type chlorination.

I know this is an older thread, but wanted to see if any more info has been decided on best practice for adding cal hypo 73. I'd like to use us what the pool company left (we have a liner). I thought the pool company told us to put it in the skimmer, but we all know their advice isn't the best. lol

Update: I knew I shouldn't add this to the skimmer (like the pool company did), so used the sock method suspended near a return. Now it looks like there is a white stain on our new liner in the corner under the return. My fault - it apparently didn't dissolve fast enough and I didn't check it enough. It's dark here so I can't see it super well, but it def looks light.

Since have a liner, I'm guessing dissolving it in a bucket and putting it into the deep end is the best method? We hopefully won't have to do this for long until our SWCG kicks in when temps are high enough...but I don't want to do any more damage to our liner.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.