Adding Automation Panel to existing system

macosr

Jul 7, 2020
North Canton, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Moved from here.

I don't see this specifically addressed so I figured it would be good to ask. I am adding automation control to an existing setup where I already have a panel in my pump room so I don't have a need for a Load Center and just the Power Center. I assume that I still need to connect the Power Center to its own power supply. Are there any specifications to the power supply required for a Power Center enclosure?

Last edited by a moderator:
M,

Most automation systems that I have seen need either 120 Volts AC or 240 Volts AC to operate..

In your case, since you have Pentair equipment, you will need an EasyTouch or the new IntelliCenter.

Tell us what it is that you want to automate and if you want to be able to use your PC, tablet, or phone.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: MyAZPool
I'm installing an IntelliCenter but I don't need it to supply power to my devices so I only need it for control. Also, I'm integrating it with Control4, using it to control 3 valves, a Polaris pump, the heater, a waterslide, a fountain, the chlorinator, and the pool light. I'll be using the Pentair App, and will use Control4 for some automation for the pool light timing on/off to match the landscape lighting.

These are the components (sorry don't have the specific model numbers):
(1) Intellicenter Power Center for use with Existing Intellichlor
(1) Intellicenter Valve Expansion Module
(1) Intellicenter Personality Kit
(1) Wired Control Panel
(3) Intellivalve Actuators
(1) Screen Logic Wireless Bundle Kit

Yeah, I should have left the wireless bundle off the list. Also, I am hardwiring to the network so no need for the wifi module. It looks like the only thing I need to power in the panel is the System Transformer itself so it looks like it will only need a 15A or 20A breaker. The chlorinator will get power from the filter pump feed and everything else runs off the System Transformer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.