Midwest
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
SO,..pool was finally full Sunday. I have added 320 lbs of salt, 4.5lbs of CYA, 1 gal of bleach each day the pool had water in it, started the SWG yesterday running for 6 hours.
Here are my numbers
FC 4.5
TA 130
CYA 50
pH 7.8
CH 100
Na+ 3000
Temp 78f

My pH has climbed from 7.2 to 7.8 in three days. I had this problem with my aquariums and used muriatic acid and CO2 injection to lower it (Fish need it). I assumed this was because of the high TA?? Should I try to fix this, or just wait? My CYA has been completely dissolved for about 12 hours with the pump running 24/7 since Sunday. Do I add more or wait and watch? Will it continue to go up? No one has been in the pool yet.

Looks good. Add 20 ppm more CYA right now. Once that is dissolved, test for it 24 hours later.

TA will come down as you adjust your pH from 8 to 7.4. When TA gets below 100, only lower pH to 7.6.

Reactions: JeaniB
Did you use the right pool volume and added the calculated amount of CYA?
How did you add it? I would expect it to show up on the tests at your target by now if it was dissolved on Sunday.

Just keep the pH in the 7s and the TA should come down and slow the pH rise.

Thank you! Is there a relationship between my CYA and pH? I will add some muriatic acid per pool math.
Does anyone know how to reset the targets on the pool math app?

I think I added the right amount of CYA,..put it in a cheese cloth and hung it in front of my intake. It took several bundles and lots of squeezing, the last was dissolved about 0730 this am.
It rained all day Sunday and Monday :) May get in tonight!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.