Accidentally overdosed my LC, any issues for swimmers?

Vital Signs

Jul 27, 2020
Portland OR
7.9 pH
8.0 FC
0.5 CC
140 TA
30 CYA

Doing an end of the season small swim party (8 to 10 people) and tested the water (with tf100) and I must have accidentally messed up my previous test and as a result overdosed (I have 3.0 logged in my previous test so I added 2gal of 6% afterwards) because to my surprise FC was at 8.0. I usually ping pong between 3ish and 6 but never over 6. I tested three times and it's definitely at 8.0.

Is this going to cause any issues for people swimming? I'm assuming not since it's not too high over... maybe just a little irritation for some people's eyes but just thought I'd double check.

Not sure if levels will lower all that much between this morning and this afternoon. I can try and leave the cover open to get some sun on it before folks come over but I'm also trying to get the heat up to high 88-90 range and an open cover over the next 6 hours will hamper that goal.

With CYA 30 your pool is safe to swim up to a FC of 12, which is SLAM FC level. See FC/CYA Levels

No one will ever know the difference, except you. Enjoy the late season swim.

Reactions: Mdragger88
A FC of 8 with that CYA looks just about perfect going into a swim party to me. You will easily burn off that FC overage with the extra swimmers!... you are always safe if you stay within the cya chart limits.
I just did a similar late season party last weekend;, raised the FC to 7ish, and raised temp to 80ish, .. it was perfect 👌!

I run mine at 6-7 at FC 50 (which is lower than recommended for my SWCG, but in my case it's so oversized I'd rather run it that way). I didn't turn it down when the sun started to set sooner, got busy for two weeks and had mine up to 29.5. All you need to do is let it ride down in that case. Hopefully your pool party went well. You were perfectly fine at that level and you would have only needed one to two days to bring it down in that case rather than the week it took me...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.