A very naive pool owner here!

Wow, $550 per month! I had no idea they were that expensive! I was as naive as they come when we built our pool and I didn’t find this site for another 2 or 3 years. I videotaped the pool builder “school” when they handed us the keys. Luckily, the guy was pretty good and they gave us Taylor kit, so we started out with the right stuff. I’ve had 1 minor algae bloom in 13 years. Other than that, it’s been pretty smooth sailing! I was surprised it has been so easy, primarily because of the convenience of the SWCG.

Reactions: Muna
Yay! Dog pile on Muna!!

Hi ya, and welcome to TFP! I'm counting just about 10 or so different volunteers jumped in here, in just about five hours or so, just to say "Hi" and to give you words of encouragement (that might be a new record)! For free!! Can you imagine what might happen if you actually had a question?!? You're in good hands now Muna. Glad you found us. By the way... I really likes @batesjer's post:
And just so you feel comfortable that you can do this - roughly a year ago I was a first time, extremely naive, pool owner. I still learn a ton here but feel like I have a grasp on most the basics to keep my pool operating at its best!

I wanna say 100%, but it might be more like 99% of us could say the exact same thing after our first year! ;) Cheers!

Oh, and a few weeks from now, you'll have learned so much that you'll be dog-piling on someone else new to the site! That's how it works around here.

Edit: make that 11, another one popped in before I could even finish typing!!

Thank you for the response. Its saltwater pool. I just bought muriatic acid and baking soda. No algae, water is very clear. Ph is 8.2 this morning. I am thinking about using muriatic acid to lower the ph level. Thank you.

Careful with the muriatic acid. Proper storage and handling are very important. I just started using it for my first time a few days ago and the information on this site made a huge difference in my comfort level with handling it. Don’t take it lightly. Do your reading and things will go a lot better. Don’t forget, it is an acid. It will ruin metal if stored near it and it will damage concrete if spilled. Not to mention what it will do to you. Again, not to scare you. My experience went well. Just read before you open that bottle. Ask questions if you’re not sure.

No such thing as too many pictures! Got any more!? :)

What a great setup. You have some amazing equipment. Just to prepare you, you've got some learning curve ahead. Don't panic, there are folks here that can help you with all of it. That IntelliChem for starters. There are mixed feelings about that thing around here, so that might be your biggest challenge. No worries, you can take it offline (if it isn't already) and figure it out later. Did they leave any manuals for you? You can get them online. You've got lots of automation, and a spa. Both awesome. Both require some learning. But we'll get you there. Incredible landscaping, too. Very nice pool and yard, for sure.

Hey, do you actually need our help, or are you just showing off? ;) Don't mind me, that's just envy talking!

Next step is to add all that equipment to your signature. Something like the way I did mine. Model numbers, too, if you can find them. You can take your location out of your sig, that's covered in your sidebar.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No such thing as too many pictures! Got any more!? :)

What a great setup. You have some amazing equipment. Just to prepare you, you've got some learning curve ahead. Don't panic, there are folks here that can help you with all of it. That IntelliChem for starters. There are mixed feelings about that thing around here, so that might be your biggest challenge. No worries, you can take it offline (if it isn't already) and figure it out later. Did they leave any manuals for you? You can get them online. You've got lots of automation, and a spa. Both awesome. Both require some learning. But we'll get you there. Incredible landscaping, too. Very nice pool and yard, for sure.

Hey, do you actually need our help, or are you just showing off? ;) Don't mind me, that's just envy talking!
Thank you for the response. I will look for the manuals. I really need help!! Thank you :)

Thank you for the response. I will look for the manuals. I really need help!! Thank you :)
I pinged Jim for you. He knows your Pentair gear, all the settings, etc. He may need a model number or two, that's why I encouraged you to look for those and post them in your sig.

In service mode your equipment should have shut off. If you want the equipment off to "service" something then that is good. If you want your pump to filter and run on your schedule then bad.
Something's up with her gear. I don't recognize that pump. I don't see the IntelliChem tank(s). It's possible her pump is running on its own, maybe not even connected to her ET, and all the automation is shut down. Who knows what the previous owner or realtor did on their way out. She needs to list her equipment brands and model numbers. And then check out the pump and what it's doing/programmed to do, before she fools with the ET.

Muna, can you pull the brand and model number from the big black pump? Is there only one of those? Maybe post a picture or two of it, closer up? Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.