A mystery to me: Why can't I get prime?

Another idea would be to just cancel that skimmer and install another skimmer on a more accesible point on your pool. Just make sure to hard pipe and no flexible PVC.
Yeah. I have had plans for a major deck renovation and this may just move the schedule up. There are not many (or any) "accessible" spots as it is currently installed, unfortunately. - Brad

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Looking at your photos, it seems quite feasible to remove some deck boards and replace the flex with hard plumbing. Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture but I don't see anything that is particularly difficult. Flex is BAD MOJO!

Looking at your photos, it seems quite feasible to remove some deck boards and replace the flex with hard plumbing. Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture but I don't see anything that is particularly difficult. Flex is BAD MOJO!
Yes. Most of the path is pretty easy to work with. The framing they put around the skimmer and structure of the deck in that area is a bit of a challenge.

Plus, I want a new deck anyway, so it may become a new project.

Or if that is not prudent, a patch job for a year or two.

+1. Make it as safe as it needs to be for your situation, or ensure it is off when you have swimmers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.