A few questions about jet purge and drain/ refill

Sjde

Apr 29, 2016
Denver CO
Pool Size
When you do a jet clean, is it always that yellow gunk that comes out , like it does when I use Ahh-some?

I have cleaned off that yellow at the water line a few times . Was that a sign it needed to be drained?

I’ve read about wiping the shell with a cleaner before refilling. Is that really necessary? Seems it’d be difficult to clean it off thoroughly before refilling.

What do you mean by "jet clean" - if stuff is coming out of your jets during normal use and you are getting waterline debris, you really should do a water change.

If you have biofilms, and you run an Ahh-some purge when you do a water change, it will loosen the films and they will come out as some color (brown, yellow, etc) . You should purge until nothing comes out.

There are cleaners (Ahh-some makes one) that are safe to have in the water. Meaning if you don't get it all off of the shell, there is no problem.

Reactions: Sjde
By jet clean I mean a purge using Ahh-some. That’s what brought up the yellow stuff, though like I said, I have noticed it a few times otherwise as a scum along water line.

After doing it all and restarting , some gunk showed up in the filter basket . Should I have run the jets for longer than the 30 minutes when I used Ahh-some?

Noticing yellowish stickies at the waterline can be a good indication that it is time for another bio-purge. Typically, after a recent Ahh-Some purge, you may notice ”late arrivals” of gunk. During a purge there may be hanging chads of gunk that just don’t break away from the slime colony during the purge. This is normal. If that occurs, just wipe it away. The filter basket area will always be the most popular spot for biofilms to accumulate. The suction pulls anything floating on the water to that area. There will always be biofilm formations in hot tubs and swim spas. Actually, swimming pools have considerable biofilms as well. Our Ahh-Some Water Clarifier & Bio-Cleaner will help to loosen biofilms so your pool filter can collect them. We have introduced a fantastic product called Aqua Clarity for hot tubs and swim spas. It is a concentrate that you mix yourself to make a gallon of RTU product. Using the “AC” weekly will actually prevent biofilms from adhering to surfaces. You will need to purge less often. Many TFP readers are enjoying this product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.