Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I figured I’d throw a few of my questions all under one post instead of multiple. Thanks for the help in advance!
1. To my understanding, I should face all of my 5 return jets clockwise to create circular flow toward my skimmers which are on opposite sides of my rectangular pool. Should I face the jets up toward the surface of the water or down?
2. I have a return jet in my submerged spa. Should I open the valve to allow some of the pump flow directly into the spa or save that flow for my pool jets?
3. I also have 3 bubblers in my tanning ledge. To optimize skimming, should I leave the bubblers on or should I turn them off or low and divert that flow more to my return jets by adjusting my valves
2. I have a main drain and two skimmers. If I understand correctly, I should adjust my valves to barely open the main drain and give the skimmers for the vast majority of the suction

Ping pong balls!!! Say what???? LOL That is the best tool to find how to best set up your returns for maximum circulation. Throw them in and watch what they do over time. You may find a dead spot or two.

Returns up, down, sideways-you do not want the returns to roll the top of the water. That will cause your pH to rise. Again I think the ping pong balls and some experimenting will help you set up your returns.

spa return-I would have the return in the spa turned on a bit to keep that water chlorinated and fresh.

Bubblers-make sure to run them at least for a few minutes each day to keep that water fresh. When you are running your pump to clean stuff off the top of the water I would have your bubblers off so your returns/skimmer can do their thing clean your pool.

Main drain VS skimmer-Do what your pool says it needs to keep it clean. If you get a lot of dirt/stuff on the bottom of the pool is it because it is not going into the skimmer? Then run the pump more to push the stuff to the skimmer. Is it because the stuff is heavier so dropping to the bottom? Then do set the main drain so it will pull the stuff to it more.

So the long and short of it is observe your pool and see what works best for it.

Ping pong balls!!! Say what???? LOL That is the best tool to find how to best set up your returns for maximum circulation. Throw them in and watch what they do over time. You may find a dead spot or two.

Returns up, down, sideways-you do not want the returns to roll the top of the water. That will cause your pH to rise. Again I think the ping pong balls and some experimenting will help you set up your returns.

spa return-I would have the return in the spa turned on a bit to keep that water chlorinated and fresh.

Bubblers-make sure to run them at least for a few minutes each day to keep that water fresh. When you are running your pump to clean stuff off the top of the water I would have your bubblers off so your returns/skimmer can do their thing clean your pool.

Main drain VS skimmer-Do what your pool says it needs to keep it clean. If you get a lot of dirt/stuff on the bottom of the pool is it because it is not going into the skimmer? Then run the pump more to push the stuff to the skimmer. Is it because the stuff is heavier so dropping to the bottom? Then do set the main drain so it will pull the stuff to it more.

So the long and short of it is observe your pool and see what works best for it.
Perfect! Thanks as always for your replies

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.