New Pool Northern Virginia Step by Step with Pics! Water in, nearing the end

Re: New Pool Northern Virginia Step by Step with Pics! Gunite! Coping choice made

We have not had much progress recently. We have selected tile, coping and stone. The plumber is behind schedule, electrician can not start until the pad is set. So we wait. Meanwhile, here are some pictures of the spa area.
17516250410_6ecb4c67d6_k.jpg

17081279754_2e4b64cd54_k.jpg

17515975068_a0fbbb6068_z.jpg

17704056691_759970c68f_k.jpg

Re: New Pool Northern Virginia Step by Step with Pics! Gunite!

Your spa looks fabulous - and huge! That's going to be wonderful. Ahhhhh.... I'm relaxing already! I'm really learning that pacing on most pool builds is very irregular. Grrrrr! Suz.

Thanks for the spa pics! I love it! That will be so nice to sit in and enjoy! Hummmmmmmmm I can just see a tv or screen at night time for movie night in the spa!

Kim

That spa looks kinda like the Judges box at a sporting event. Gonna need waterproof 1 thru 10 flash cards for that one.

So I had the PB lower the seat 4 inches in a section of the pool so I will sit deeper. The picture makes it seem worse because of the angle, but I don't think they allocated enough seat space for the last higher seat by the jet. I think we need to split the difference between the two jets for the seat. Spoke to the PB and he said they can add something before we apply quartz finish. Not too worried, but it's one of those small things. I also forgot to ask him to angle the seat back just a tad, maybe an inch or two difference between top to bottom. I had a massive list of items to confirm and forgot to double check this.
When I asked for the lower seat, the PB also wanted to lower the foot well as well. But I said no. I don't think it will effect my comfort in the spa and I wanted to have an even surface so when the kids are playing around there are no surprises in their footing.

17515975918_266ed35482_k.jpg

Good idea on lowering the bench in the spa. I am SO glad to hear you say you had a long list of items to confirm and then forgot!!!! That's exactly what I did. I don't know what happened to me - lost my head, I think. That beginning of the pool build was so crazy. Some of the things I'm disappointed I forgot, others, not so much. I figure it will all work out.

Your spa really looks great. I love the shape. I kind of wish our spa was rectangular like yours. Then in the winter, I could use the long bench to continue some of my exercises in the water. Sighhhhhh...... Shoulda, woulda, coulda..... As someone once told me, "Don't should all over yourself!" (hope I didn't offend anyone with that) But it's so true!

I can't wait for the next stage of your build! Have a great weekend! Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

We've had a lot of activity the last week. Here are shots of tile. Since we are doing an encapsulated auto cover, coping will not be placed until the cover rail is installed.
17832878419_839e751cfa_k.jpg

Here is another picture. Right below the spa.
17396527334_f2aa359061_z.jpg

Here is another shot. Tile for spa will not be placed until coping.
17832880719_75ee8be358.jpg

We also have some plumbing pictures that I'll update later this weekend. And we drove to a couple pools and have selected the interior finish color.

How can you post ^^^^^^^^^^ and do not tell us which one you picked! :whip:

The owner of the pool we checked out, shared a photo. We are asking for permission to show it. We had a couple finish ideas in our minds till we saw this pool. It was an easy decision once we saw it. we'll spill the beans shortly.

Re: New Pool Northern Virginia Step by Step with Pics! Tile !

Personally, I don't think you have enough going on with your equipment pad, and you definitely need more pipes. I have no idea what kind, what for, or what size..... just MORE!!!

And you are shameful - not telling us which interior finish. Ok, I'll wait if we must. Spilling the beans shortly better mean SOON! I'm jealous you found exactly what you wanted and that it was an easy decision.

But.... I am happy for you guys!

Waiting.... waiting..... waiting....... The picture still isn't here! Waiting...... waiting..... waiting.... All right, I gotta move on. See ya'. Suz.

Re: New Pool Northern Virginia Step by Step with Pics! Tile ! Plumbing!

I was excited until I saw how few pipes you had.....I'm with suzfrom Texas.....more pipes :D

Re: New Pool Northern Virginia Step by Step with Pics! Tile !

Do all pb label the pipes ? Seems like a good idea, but why do it ?
Your tile is gorgeous ! Also very unique spa !

I don't know. We read on this site somewhere about how knowing which pipes are which can help in the future if they ever need to be dug up. As for more practical reasons, my guess it helps the plumber keep organized?
Thanks about the tile. This whole decision process has been kinda 'keep your fingers crossed'. We had a choice between a white grout or gray grout. We went with the darker because we will have a non white pool finish. One thing nice about our PB, he added an extra 3 inches of tile. He does this when building auto cover pools because the water will sit a little lower I believe.
The spa will be fun for the kids, we made it extra big thinking about the dynamic of how children play.

- - - Updated - - -

I was excited until I saw how few pipes you had.....I'm with suzfrom Texas.....more pipes :D

I may be dating myself here, but what just came to mind is Monty Python's song SPAM, SPAM, SPAM. But I replaced SPAM with PIPES. Oh... I need this process to be done!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.