New Pool Northern Virginia Step by Step with Pics! Water in, nearing the end

Going to make a pot of coffee n read this build. Finished pool looks great.

I've enjoyed reading up on your thread. Looks like I was participating and stopped after 2nd page. (I was sick last year with gall bladder ugh). Anyways.... I love the falcon stone and just adore your tile selection and how well is goes with the color you chose for the finish.

I too have clay soil. It's nothing short of ice skating with cement shoes on when it's wet. :mrgreen: It's horrible! I also have a boxer who has decided he loves swimming in our pool. First rule is making sure he knows where the steps are IF he accidentally gets in when out for a run with his daddy. We have a fenced in yard but our pool isn't fenced at the moment (We have lattice around the deck atm because we ran out of Pool funds). Anyway, he is a trip n loves swimming. Not really a barker unless he n the Rottweiler decide to wooooo wooooo woooooooo at the fire whistle right below our house. LOL

You guys will enjoy this investment for years to come. I think one pic I recall seeing is the patio coming from the house to the pool. If you could post one I'd like to see, only if you will. No hurry though. Thanks for sharing. You guys should be proud!

I've enjoyed reading up on your thread. Looks like I was participating and stopped after 2nd page. (I was sick last year with gall bladder ugh). Anyways.... I love the falcon stone and just adore your tile selection and how well is goes with the color you chose for the finish.

I too have clay soil. It's nothing short of ice skating with cement shoes on when it's wet. :mrgreen: It's horrible! I also have a boxer who has decided he loves swimming in our pool. First rule is making sure he knows where the steps are IF he accidentally gets in when out for a run with his daddy. We have a fenced in yard but our pool isn't fenced at the moment (We have lattice around the deck atm because we ran out of Pool funds). Anyway, he is a trip n loves swimming. Not really a barker unless he n the Rottweiler decide to wooooo wooooo woooooooo at the fire whistle right below our house. LOL

You guys will enjoy this investment for years to come. I think one pic I recall seeing is the patio coming from the house to the pool. If you could post one I'd like to see, only if you will. No hurry though. Thanks for sharing. You guys should be proud!

Thank you, it was an adventure, that's for sure.

So we survived the hard winter snow and opened early this year to deal with the ph. Water was clear. I've included a picture of the snow on the cover. We were unsure for a while about how well the cover would hold. It did. Unfortunately a few weeks before we opened a deer decided to cross over our BRAND NEW survived the WINTER cover and now we will be patching about 10 HOLES. Pool ownership is a trip, I tell ya. But, fortunately these are the problems we are having so we are grateful.
We did some plantings this spring, several rose bushes and lavender. We still have more work to do, but this is the fun part!
My son could not wait and was swimming early this season with the water temp at 62. Here he is being creative with his under water gear. The rain this year has kept our water temps low, we plan on heating the pool next week for memorial day weekend. My wife figures the pool temp may get into the 70's by next week before we start the heating.
When we had the concrete done there were issues. I need to take some photo's after we power wash (my mud foot prints and track marks) to see how the cure is progressing.
We had the pool closed and opened by the local pool store... Oh my.. I will have a separate post on what we discovered regarding the filter. I call my wife the Pool Whisperer , she just says she reads a lot of Trouble Free (deep end and all)

Snow from the winter's major storm on the loop loc cover.
27080160081_e344ac237c_z.jpg

Spring and it is time to start designing our landscape. We like this stuff, though we are not sure exactly what we are doing.
27080155571_5cf3f867db_z.jpg

Water temps 62 and yet we found fish in our pool! He stays in for about 45 minutes at a time.
27080158141_b4d372fe38_z.jpg

Re: New Pool Northern Virginia Step by Step with Pics!

Looks nice! He is crazy - 62! No different than the ocean in Maine though. Beautiful water color.

It is so great to see the updates! I love the snow pictures - my favorite. I am sorry about the deer leaving some holes in your cover. I bet he/she wondered what was going on or maybe just figured it was a snow covered lake!!!

Your pool is still magnificent! The colors are stunning. And that water..... is cold water more clear and crystal-y??? Gorgeous. I'm surprised your son isn't as blue as the pool! Brave lad!

Let us know how the heated swim goes this Memorial Day! With pics, of course....
Suz

We heated the pool and the temperature is holding, we have gone from winter to summer seasonally it seems. Swimming right now is quite nice. We had a great dinner on the deck. I also hit the garage/moving sale jackpot a few weeks back and got a one year old 11 foot freestanding sun umbrella for $50. I will be moving it a couple times this year (very heavy) as we learn the best place.

Our dog so far has shown no interest in going into the water. But she loves to walk up to the lower beam, stick her head over the coping, drop a tennis ball over the edge and bark until we throw it.

We had issues when we first opened the pool. Being that it was all new to us we had the local pool service company close and open our pool. The pool opened clear, but as time progressed we kept finding drifts of what we assumed was DE on pool floor. My wife spent a lot of time reading and researching and was convinced we should open the filter and take a look. We thought that when they opened maybe we would find a cartridge not seated properly or a tear. Well, we had the TFP website opened as we took part the filter. And guess what, we were missing parts! The pool company failed to put our filter back together properly. I went to the pool store and explained the issues. They helped me get the parts but they never apologized for the problem. They even implied that we may have tossed them out of the filter basket when we emptied the filter. They asked me to look at the location that we dump our filters. Sigh. See pictures below.

Now the we put the filter cap on, there is a marked difference in the water clarity.

Here is where we expected to find the filter cap.
27148223485_9b4a9d2908_z.jpg

And here is the part in place.
27148222275_3bd3a289f4_z.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Pool Northern Virginia Step by Step with Pics!

Nice!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.