Pretty much a new guy to the inground pool world. Renovation starts this week.

Okay ph is at an 8.0 and i need to be a 7.0/7.2, how much acid do i need to add? And whats the process? Just throw in the pool or pour into the skimmer?

- - - Updated - - -

Using pool math i got 61oz of Muriatic acid. Did i calculate correctly? Just how to intriduce it to the pool now?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Should i be running 50/50 between the skimmer and the bottom drain on the jandy valve?

- - - Updated - - -

Yea we jumped in yesterday for a quick swim before adding acid so the kids could try the slide. Its cold though only 70* cant use the heater for two weeks

Also once i am to put Muriatic acid into the pool, how long should i wait again before i check to make sure it lowered the ph before dumping more in? And for the first ten days they want the chlorine at 1.0, so once i get it to 1.0 using the pool math, how do i determine how much l.c. I should add every day to maintain that level? And night time or morning time to add lc? I didnt see these answer in pool school so sorry if i missed them.

At least 30 minutes of circulation before testing again.

Test your FC, then use PoolMath again to target your 1ppm, which is ridiculously low btw.

Really does not matter when you add, best to be consistent though.

I would test and add at least 2 or 3 times per day, your pool is going to use 2-3ppm per day. The more often your add your 1ppm the better your chance of avoiding an algae bloom. But, I don't see how you can keep 1ppm of chlorine in your pool and not get algae.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.