Another Pool Build in Cypress, TX

Suz...that's extremely frustrating! I wouldn't expect MMG to contact you directly as their customers are the pool companies. It's your PB's job to stay on top of schedules and to tell you what's going on.
I'm sad to see how you're being left in the dark, day after day. There's no reason for the lack of communication. My project was done during periods of heavy rain when scheduling for MMG was tricky, but our PB was on the phone with them constantly to find out the latest and passed that information on to us. We always knew who would show up and when. It can be done. Good news is that you're almost done! You'll be enjoying your beautiful pool in no time and all the stress of construction will be washed off :paddle:

Sorry to hear the news. I just came in from watching the colors in all the LEDs that were on disco mode.
One of my bubblers is have and issue but all is good so will get the misc things squared away. I hope things go ok for you in the morning Suzy. Take care dear.

Bummer. So sorry about the delay Suz. As for the phone call, I am right there with you. That was probably the thing that drove me most nuts. When they say they will be there Wed, and they show up Tues and don't call. Or say they will be there end of the week, no call, no show. In my head, I know they are busy, and changing schedules to get the most done in the shortest amount of time, but when you are spending this much money, I don't think a phone call is too much to ask.

Anyway, hopefully today is the day!

Paris, the pool looks great. Can't wait to see it all "honey do" list complete and water cleared.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am sitting here with my mid-morning cafetière waiting for the good news that your plaster crew finally turn up today. I couldn't believe that not only did they not come yesterday, but that no-one had the courtesy to phone you and explain - Not good!!

Well hopefully they will show up at the crack of dawn today, all fresh & raring to go :)

Sending you the very best vibes from the other side of the Pond XXX

They are here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had rolled out of bed about 6:15 wondering if it was worth the effort. And at 6:20 I heard a big, big truck in front of the house. I had to look twice, but they are really, really, really, here.

They are like a swarm of bees descending on your backyard. After I said good morning and welcome, I told them they were now my favorite people! Those who understood laughed, and those who didn't just looked at me like I must be crazy to be so happy this time of day.

Kim: I immediately went to the front yard where the big truck is and checked the bags. One said white pearl.... my heart sank. A sweet young man explained that Blue Granite is a mix of 3 colors. I hope that's true!!! Or am I getting leftovers???? I swear building a pool makes you question every little thing!

Then I asked about the sea shells. The same young man told me to ask Juan in the back yard. Well........ One man back there looks like a movie image of Genghis Khan - he's huge! He must be 6'4", shoulders as wide as an ox, bald, big mustache that curls down, and a constant scowl on his face. His mouth turns down like Grumpy Cat of YouTube fame. The only thing I didn't see was a big gold earring. So I asked the young man if Juan was - I put my hand up real high and make a grumpy, mad face. He cracked up - I swear, he bent over laughing. He said no, Juan was short. Then I asked him if Khan was in a bad mood or always looks mad. He said always looks mad!

I found Juan, and they do have the shimmering sea shells.

The Gatorade has been transferred from the fridge to the outside cooler with lots of fresh ice! I had to come let you guys know. Now I'm camping in the living room to watch. Oh, I've already taken lots of pictures and will post later.

Wow..... they're really here! Please send positive thoughts that all goes well.
Suz.

I get a hug! I get a hug! I won, I won! LOL

NO Suz won! I bet that phone call yesterday made the difference "Oh man we can't push her back anymore. Move her to first thing in the morning!"

Oh happy day!!!!!! :bump::whoot::sunny::cop:

Big man pic for sure please!

LOL

Kim

Thanks everyone for the support and interest! It's quite a process. They seem to be playing zone defense. One or two guys have their own area - sun shelf, steps, spa, etc.

I love the color right now! I think that's a good start, right?

Suz.

Oh happy Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I didn't have to work - I would come sit with you! I LOVE this part!

Congrats Suz - it is almost a pool!

Suz:

I'm at work today also, but will try to check in the artwork going on inside your pool. Can't wait to see the pictures. Your build has been such an adventure. Sit back and enjoy the show today. Just wait until you see it after the acid wash. It's amazing the transformation, and with all your sparkle, this is going to be epic today and tomorrow! I'm so glad they finally made their way to your driveway. There is a Pool God!! ;) Suz, your thread deserves top of the page honors today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.