New Gunite Pool - Carroll County MD - PICTURES

So HOW can he install them DURING plaster? He is going to have to get in the pool which is being plastered at the same time...

I am not an expert but.......I would be very worried. Maybe ask the people doing your plaster what they think of this plan.

Kim

Thanks. For those who have watched the plaster, do they pull the lights out and sit them on the deck/coping while plastering? Then screw them in place before adding water? If that's the case, he can pull the cord through while leaning over the deck. Or he can wait until water is in and throw on his scuba gear?

Thanks. For those who have watched the plaster, do they pull the lights out and sit them on the deck/coping while plastering? Then screw them in place before adding water? If that's the case, he can pull the cord through while leaning over the deck. Or he can wait until water is in and throw on his scuba gear?

Yes on the first part of your question. I don't really see a problem with it as the conduit is wet regardless. Doesn't seem like something he'd lie about. He's not going to want to mess up the plaster...that would be silly on his part. It's something that they will get right one way or another. I'd relax on this one.

If you are using A&S, we just finished a renovation with them last week in Carroll County MD as well. They installed new lights and equipment on the same day they were doing the plaster. Three lights took like 30 minutes to replace and they just left them sitting on deck, and plaster guys screwed them in as they were going along. PM me if you have any questions!

Thanks bxmartin.

We aren't using A&S but good news is the electrician came out today and hooked everything up. Bad news is the PB said our plaster was cancelled due to "weather" but for some reason didn't have a new date. I plan on calling tomorrow to ask how or why we wouldn't have a new date since we were already on the books for tomorrow. You would think if everything got pushed back a day or two because of all the rain, they would still know the date.

Anyway, quick question for everyone....

The electrician installed a power switch to turn the pump and Pentair ic40 swg on/off. He did NOT install a timer of any kind. Is this normal? From what I understand a timer is something that is a must have.....

No automation at this time. That's something I am going to do later. I assumed either the pump or IC40 would have a timer. However they don't. Either way I guess I could add a timer. Just curious if it is a "must have"

Everyday your pool will need to run x amount of hours. Are you going to be able to flip a switch on/off give or take at an 8 hour interval? The SWCG is the bomb, but there will be zero chlorine produced if you don't flip the switch on.

I would look at some kind of automatic, doesn't mean you have to spend the $$$$ for an Intellitouch right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks!!! I spoke to another pool rep in the area and they recommended a simple timer that runs about $200 installed. Said it will operate the pump and swg. Not too bad and will allow me to not have to worry about hitting a switch. I think they said it can be turned on and off up to 12 times.

PB officially shut their doors today!!! I was left without plaster and out about $3k-$4k in total. Much better than some of their customers.

Good news is Elite Pools of MD is coming to the rescue! They are plastering our pool tomorrow and doing start up and such. They were very understanding and were very reasonable with pricing.

Sorry and glad for you. I liked the guys at Elite when we spoke. A few years back.

The PB community in Baltimore is small and they would all know about something like this. Elite is a couple of younger hungry (in a good way) guys who do good work. They built bobinbaltimore's pool on here.

Not that I am at all excusing the mismanagement of funds...but I think this a common problem with contractors in general, who use new business to fund old jobs, I bet it is easy to get behind, always thinking one or two more jobs will get them caught up. Ugh!

Although I had my fair share of complaints with my pool builder...his payment system literally made it hard to not get what you had paid for...I am mainly writing this for people who are reading this and shopping for pool builders (once you have a pool, you become keenly aware every summer of the defunct pool companies and the customers who get left at varying stages of build but out a lot of money).
My builders payment:
5% at signing
30% day of dig
30% day of gunfire
30% day of plaster
5% when completed

Curious, how much is plaster running? Some days I would like to replaster my three year old pool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks All.

I was always concerned with the front loaded contract but they were around for over 66 years and I thought I was safe. Live and learn. Luckily I only lost about 5%....

As for new plaster, I'm doing basic white plaster and it is roughly $2750 for 600 square feet with a tan ledge and swim out love seat. However a reno may be more since they have to demo the old plaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Found Elite using a Google search. Their reviews were phenomenal so I gave them a call. I just happen to get the owner when I called and he stepped up big time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.