New Pool Build - Northern California

Re: New Pool (Hopefully starting soon) - Bay Area California

Search for eczema on the site. There has recently (the last year) been mention of it by one thread in particular, saying how beneficial their pool has been for a family member's eczema. IIRC. So just the opposite of your hypothesis. The usual myth is that pool water is tough on your skin, when if fact it's more true that poorly/publicly maintained pool water is what causes the problems. Public pools use no CYA (generally) and therefore the effective strength of the chlorine is much higher (and bothersome) - not to mention the CC's.

I can attest to this. My son has really bad eczema and before we had the pool, it would always break out when swimming in public pools (YMCA, etc). It was a major concern of ours. We put a pool in last fall w/ SWG and his skin has never been better. Granted, he gets flare-ups from time to time, but also swims in a public pool at his mom's house. The public pools always stink of a strong chlorine smell, and always left our eyes blood shot. In our pool, you can't smell it at all and no ill effects after a day of swimming. Actually the kids sleep like babies!

I know I'm replying to an older post, but thought I would throw my $.02 in FWIW.

Starting to get rid of our piles of dirt!!!

And we had a visit from Superman to do our deck rebar...

IMG_1464.JPG

Our decking is starting to finally take shape - thanks of course to "Young" Superman - and the rest of our hard working crew!

IMG_1458.JPG

More progress!!! Our decking is prepped for concrete, and we are now waiting for a City Pre-Deck Bonding inspection - of course that happens right before a holiday.

If the inspection can be scheduled for Monday or Tuesday, then we are scheduled for a Wednesday concrete pour - after that should be just a couple of weeks from water - hopefully everything goes smooth!!!

Our last city inspector was just about ready to sign off on our deck while he was looking at the electrical...so we have had the two extremes on our prior inspections.

Tell Superman he is AWESOME! If he's not the cutest little guy - OMG! I bet he's eager for that pool to be finished! What an amazing project!! Ya'll have done an incredible job with the design. Keep those pictures coming in!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The only thing I don't have a picture of is the giant California gopher snake we caught a few days ago - it was over 4ft long and had its head down one of our fence post holes when we found him - when I grabbed his tail he quickly came out of his hole to see what was grabbing him!

Nothing like the Texas poisonous snakes I have read about here. I held him and introduced him to the neighborhood kids before we let him go and told him to "eat all the gophers"...

I am not sure when the salt will come off - when I left for work they were doing the final cleanup. So later today - or I might be doing it and vacuuming it up with my shop vac to keep it out of the ground???

We are down to one more fence to build, and last night I almost completed one of the gates we needed to add for safety.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.