Cover Anchors

Sep 29, 2014
New York
Hi everyone....New to the form here. I have read a lot of great things here thus far. My question is this....I just closed my 18x33' pool and used a micro mesh cover to prevent a swamp from forming next spring. In order for the cover to drain properly in the spring I need to keep the cover taut and off the water. Does anyone know where I can find the small hooks that screw to the face of each post so that I can run the cable under each one? I know what they look like but I don't know what they are called. I have scoured Amazon and e-Bay only to turn up empty. I did visit my local Ace Hardware store and he had a rope hook, but it was over kill for what I needed. I believe they either come in galvanized or stainless steel.

I was advised not to use bleach, milk jugs or water bags as they will rip the grommets right out. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and I hope to help someone out in the near future.

Welcome to TFP!

Unlikely you will be able to pull your cover tight. The force is extreme when you get snow and ice on the cover. Inground covers that are taut have large springs to absorb the force.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.