New member in Massachusetts

May 27, 2014
Agawam, MA
Split by moderator from HERE. It is better to start your own thread so that the stories do not get intermixed. Thanks, jblizzle

Good evening all

1yr old pool owner here. Last year I was chemical dependent on the pool company. I want to ween off of them this year. I see that in this thread CH doesn't matter w/ an AG w/vinyl?

My location is Massachusetts and right now I am fighting with helicopters:(

Just went to Walmart and got Generic bleach 8.25%, borax, and washing soda. Also they had a 6 way test for chump change. Have been looking at the TF-50, but figured, what to heck.

TA 120
PH 7.4
FC 10
CH 250
CYA 135

CH doesn't matter with vinyl. If you have a heater, it could be a warranty issue however.
The 6way test tests total chlorine, not free chlorine.

If your CYA is really 135 I'd start by draining half the water out and replacing with fresh...

My location is Massachusetts and right n$2.99ow I am fighting with helicopters:(
I feel your pain ;)

You can get 12.5% chlorine at $2.99 a gallon at Ocean State Job Lot. The store in Enfield CT has a large turnover of inventory so you can get fresh product. Just be sure to check the date on the boxes

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.