75x9 Lap Pool Questions

We are in the “just poured concrete“ phase on our 75’ x 9’ lap pool. we only got quoted 3 lights...should i be asking for more? also love to hear about for wave action reduction and a chill system. this is our pool...

i was told by PB that limestone and salt play well together. we are planing to put “Stone District” shell reef (limestone) as our deck. Our current hose has travertine but we went w limestone bc we heard it was “better” - were we fools? btw- i vote for straight edge if you have modern type house and bullnose if it’s a traditional house.

Attachments

• 2B2D4D1C-CA96-4E99-96AA-40BAECD3BC2B.jpeg
    2B2D4D1C-CA96-4E99-96AA-40BAECD3BC2B.jpeg
    335.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
I am very surprised to see a 3' depth in a "swim" pool. You will not be able to do a full crawl stroke with 3' depth without scraping your knuckles. Make sure it IS at least 3' WATER DEPTH then you can keep if a bit fuller than normal to help with it some.

As far as to how to stop the waves I really don't know how you could do so.

Kim:kim:

We have a traditional house, but went with straight edge travertine coping and love it. Our pool is rectangular with a bunch of corners and everything is sharp edges.

If I read the spec correctly your pool will be 21,600 gallons. You need a larger SWG then the 30K iChlor and a larger filter then the 200 C&C. I would suggest you get a VS pump.

We recommend your SWG be at least 2X your pool volume. Get the IntelliChlor IC40 or IC60.

Get the CCP420 or 580 filter.

Last edited:
I am very surprised to see a 3' depth in a "swim" pool. You will not be able to do a full crawl stroke with 3' depth without scraping your knuckles. Make sure it IS at least 3' WATER DEPTH then you can keep if a bit fuller than normal to help with it some.

As far as to how to stop the waves I really don't know how you could do so.

Kim:kim:
ack - pool is already poured so i can’t change the 3’ ... luckily i’m short -), but i will check w the PB if it’s 3’ water depth or 3’ pool depth... good point.

Reactions: kimkats
i have attached pics before the pour and after. unfortunately, we didn’t know they were going to start... original date was summer!!! we found out when we went to check on the house build and saw the pool there! house in picture is the neighbors house - our house is under construction.

Attachments

• 4880A167-6D64-4F24-B92C-2D8C30CBA5F2.jpeg
    4880A167-6D64-4F24-B92C-2D8C30CBA5F2.jpeg
    656.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 3DB9F204-8732-4271-805B-1B812B4C2AF6.jpeg
    3DB9F204-8732-4271-805B-1B812B4C2AF6.jpeg
    556.9 KB · Views: 92
i have attached pics before the pour and after. unfortunately, we didn’t know they were going to start... original date was summer!!! we found out when we went to check on the house build and saw the pool there! house in picture is the neighbors house - our house is under construction.

Wow beautiful! Can we swap houses for a couple weeks? You want to visit the Washington, DC area?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.