Intellichlor IC 40

May 7, 2014
Georgia
When opening the pool, we've found that the Intellichlor IC 40 has no lights indicating that it's getting power. When I go to Settings>Intellichlor, I get a message that there is no communication and wait up to 5 min. for connection. It never connects. We took the Intellichlor to the pool company and they could not figure out what was wrong. What do you think? Should I pay $85/hour for the pool company to come and see if they can determine what's wrong even though they couldn't in the store/service area or should I just go ahead and get another Intellichlor? If I get another, I need to save money so I'm looking to order through Amazon. Has anyone else done this and are there any factors to consider ordering online? Could it be something in the panel box and not the Intellichlor?
With many questions, I thank you for some direction!
B:confused:

Welcome to TFP. Someone with more knowledge will be around to help you.

Welcome to TFP!

You should certainly check the easy things before calling for service. The most obvious possibility is that it is not getting power. Perhaps the circuit breaker supplying the power supply has tripped. Try turning the breaker off and back on again to be sure. Another possibility, a little trickier to check, is the fuse in the power supply. The fuse is around in the back near the AC power connection on the power supply.

I had a no communication problem last year as well. However, your problem might be different than mine since the lights on the Intellichlor were working. I have an EasyTouch control panel and when I opened up the panel I discovered there was no communication wire to link up the panel with the SWG. I called Pentair and they didn't have a part/wire I could simply buy and install. I went to Fry's and bought pieces to make one. Once I put the wire in, it started to communicate. Again, the lights on the Intellichlor were working, it just wasn't communicating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.