Hayward PVC plumbing

Pysiek, if you have a craft store closer, they would sell them too. If it's only temporary and then you will have ball valves I am with the suggestion to just stuff a rag in it.

You guys talking about Jandy Ball Valves? Jandy Pro Series Ball Valve ?

- - - Updated - - -

You can get Jandy valves or pool specific 3 way valves online as well, but it's pretty clear you're not gonna wait for that!
I can wait if I have to. For now I can connect the pump using the supplied hoses and then just wait for the valves.
Those Jandy ball valves looks exactly the same as the ones at homedepot :scratch:

Where would you guys place a union? I'm planning to leave a pump connected to filter as it is right now. Is it best to place a union close to filter and on the other side close to pump? So I can disconnect and remove these out of circuit?

You don't need that kit. I also have a Hayward Chlorinator and just used standard threaded PVC adapters and/or unions. It uses standard sized connectors (see my signature link for pictures).

Dino

It looks like I have to hold on with the hard plumbing. My Hayward In-Line Chlorinator requires this kit to be hard plumbed : Hayward Connector. I might purchase more for the pump and filter also. :brickwall:

You don't need that kit. I also have a Hayward Chlorinator and just used standard threaded PVC adapters and/or unions. It uses standard sized connectors (see my signature link for pictures).

Dino
Can you tell me where did you purchase them? Maybe post a link to a website?
Also I don't see a check valve installed. Hayward recommends to install it so no chlorine will flow back to your equipment when the pump is off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
But I'm looking for a local store. I need this for tomorrow. Looks like I will have to drive around to find it. I found this one at my local Lowes PVC Check Valve but I'm not sure if I can use it with chlorine.

Update on the plumbing.
I was hunting tonight for 1-1/2" male x 2" slip on connectors for my pool plumbing. The only place I can find them at was Lowes. HomeDepot or Menards doesn't sell them by my house. Also I was looking for 2" PVC Sch 40 union. What I discovered is the box in Lowes says 2" union SCH 40 but on the part it says SCH 80. I checked the part number on the union with part number on the box and they are the same. Just in case I checked other PVC parts and on all boxes it says SCH 40 and on the parts it says SCH 80. I called one of the associates and he told me this is even better for me because SCH 80 is tougher. Is that true?
Also if you ever decided to go with PVC plumbing in your pool go with 1-1/2" size since you can find anything you want for it. And it is very hard to find anything for 2".

Finally I did not rain and was able to start on plumbing. So far I just dry fit it. Need to visit store for more elbows. When I looked at the photo I decided to move the union up close to filter. The red lines represent where I will place missing PVC. On the right side you can see a "T" this is where I want to put the fountain.
20140515_200521.jpg

I guess Hayward has changed things? My pump/filter are working just find with standard 1 1/2" PVC connections.
Mine too. The only thing I noticed is the fitting on pump,filter and chlorine dispenser are pretty tight. And when I put the 1 1/2" PVC fitting to skimmer it was very easy to screw in with hand. I just hope it won't leak.

20140522_200659_zpsde26b551.jpg

Plumbing finished. Have not try the fountain yet because at the time I took the picture I just glue it together. Will try it out tonight . My TA is 350 and need to lower it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.