moving filter to new location

ricwol

Mar 11, 2012
wood-ridge,nj
hello all, i need some advice and or tips on moving my filteration system to a new location. it will be moved 16 ft from its current place. actually, just moving it to the other side of the pool. the new location will be even with the water level, my question for that is, will i burn out my pump by doing this?
i have two intakes, one is the skimmer and the other is a 1 1/2 hole, about 3 feet from the water line, opposite side of skimmer. and one return line in the shallow end of the pool. my question is, i was thinking of turning that 1 1/2 intake into a return line, this way i would get better circulation in the deep end of the pool. or is it better to have to intake lines.
and my final question. i have 1 1/2 piping. should i leave it that size or should i go 2 "
my pool is 12'x20' inground . i believe it was put in, in the 70's . so i want to update as much as i can. such as the coping. i have that ugly 8 " coping that rises above the pool deck. i hate it. i want to change it to canterlever this off season. is changing the coping a diy project or should i hire a professional.
thank you for reading. i look forward to your replies
rich

Please add your pool details to your signature and location to your profile as described HERE as it will help us help you.

Which pump do you have? Well, actually since it is an IG pool, the pump is likely self-priming so it should not be a problem. Why would you think it would burn up the pump?

If you are replacing pipe, then 2" can increase flow rates.

The advantage of the 2 suction lines is that you could use the hole to hook up a suction cleaner and still have the skimmer function. But if you do not use a suction cleaner, then the 2 return lines might offer better circulation. If you do this, then making the single skimmer suction line be 2" would certainly help things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.