Pool valve actuator not moving

shawnrw

Oct 31, 2022
DFW
Hello,

My pool actuator is no longer moving when commanded via the easy touch. The switch on the back works fine, and the SPA side actuator works as normal during the self-diagnostics, but the pool side does not move except via the switch on the back.

Additionally, I changed the pump yesterday and noticed a kink in the line where it accidentally got under the pump. Is it possible I broke the control line in the wire, but the power wires are still working/driving the actuator via the switch? Everything was working fine before the pump disaster yesterday...

Appreciate any help or thoughts on the subject.

Thx

Shawn,

One quick test you can do is this..

Swap the 'Return' and the 'Intake' valve connectors on the EasyTouch board, and see what happens. If the broken valve starts to work and good valve no longer works, you will know that the actuators and cables are ok and the problem is in the EasyTouch.

If the bad valve is still bad, then you know it has to be the actuator or the cable.

The EasyTouch has a small relay that tells the valve which way to turn, and that relay can go bad, or the chip that drives the relay can go bad.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: guinness
Well, I switched the connections, the known working pool actuator moved during the diagnostics, and the other did not... I tried splicing where I thought the issue was, but no luck. New actuator time?

Thx

Shawn,

Just to make sure.. After you swapped the Intake and Return connections, the good actuator continued to work and the bad one never worked.

If that is true, then it is time for a new actuator. You can try to fix the one you have, but my time is worth more than the actuator itself. It could be as simple as a bad microswitch inside the actuator..

Something that I should have initially asked... On the outside of the actuator is a 3-position switch... On - Off - On. Please make sure that the switch is in one of the two on positions. It is possible that someone turned it off by accident.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.