6 x 6 glass waterline tile

Hisbestcatch

Mar 21, 2020
Melbourne, Fl
We are highly considering a 6x6 waterline glass tile for our pool (under construction now). I have searched and searched for the cons to doing this and can’t really find anything. The reason for me asking is, I find it hard to understand why there are only a few options for that size available. Seems as though everything is the 1x1 or 2x2 for glass. Am I missing something or setting myself up for trouble by going 6x6?
From this forum, I understand making sure there is no mesh backing and the buildup on the tile may be harder to remove.
Any insight would be appreciated! ?

Attachments

• 84974166-8804-4CF6-BA2E-642D673998AC.jpeg
    84974166-8804-4CF6-BA2E-642D673998AC.jpeg
    734.8 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: Farlened
OH PLEASE do use that!!! That is SO pretty!!!

Can you see through it at all? If so then look at what color of mortar you want to use as it will change the look of the tile. Get paint chips-white, off white, light gray, dark gray.....take them out by by the pool and see which one you like the best.

Next is the grout-white will make each tile pop, gray with help them blend in together. Both are pretty ways to do it.

Is that flat or ridged tile?

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Hisbestcatch
Yay! I was hoping the bling queen would respond! ?
They are ridged tiles, I couldn’t tell if the gray I was seeing was the white backing that it had or if it was indeed shaded like that. I never thought to ask about the mortar! Great point!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We are highly considering a 6x6 waterline glass tile for our pool (under construction now). I have searched and searched for the cons to doing this and can’t really find anything. The reason for me asking is, I find it hard to understand why there are only a few options for that size available. Seems as though everything is the 1x1 or 2x2 for glass. Am I missing something or setting myself up for trouble by going 6x6?
From this forum, I understand making sure there is no mesh backing and the buildup on the tile may be harder to remove.
Any insight would be appreciated! ?

I absolutely love this tile! I'm in Florida too! Do you mind telling me where you got it and what it's called? Did you end up using it and how did it go?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.