Need help picking a liner

Jul 8, 2011
We are preparing to build a 20x40 mountain pond or double roman (still deciding). We have narrowed down the liner choices to three. Our favorite is the Hampton Tile Laguna (Garrett Liners). http://www.garrettliners.com/pages/liner-patterns.php

Does anyone have a similar liner? If so, would you be willing to post some pictures of the pool? This has been extremely difficult because I'm not sure how they will look in the water...Any input regarding the shape or liner color would be helpful.

I must admit it is also the one I would pick for my next liner out of those choices, but the point of my message is to suggest getting it in 28 mil instead of basic 20 mil, It really can help extend the service life of a liner and is will worth the extra money.

Ike

Thank you for making me feel like I picked the correct one. I just wish I could see it in a pool. Our PB said 20 mil is fine. He mentioned that 28 mil is a bit more difficult to work with (harder to remove wrinkles caused from being in a box). He said most put in 20 mil. We don't have pets. Additional thoughts?

Your choice is quite nice! If I had it to do all over again, I would pick something similar. The liner that came with my pool is a white background with blue splatters all over it and shells at the water line. I would NOT do that again. The good part of a light liner is that you can see everything very easily for cleaning it, the bad part is that you can see everything very easily... on the days you don't feel like cleaning it. :)

My pool has been through several liners in its 32 year life, some of the cheaper ones have only lasted 3 of 4 years, most lasted 7-8 years and by that time had a number of small patches. The current one, the first one that is a 28 mil is now going on 9 years, does not have a single patch in it, and shows no sign of needing to be replaced, now it does not look brand new, the colors are still fairly dark though, just a little bit dull with wear, but certainly far better than any other liner at this age.

Ike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.