Need help/legal advice with Pool Warehouse out of Knoxville, TN

Chasc95

Mar 14, 2021
Marion, AR
Hi has anyone had any issues and/or resolution with Pool Warehouse out of Knoxville, TN? They sent us the wrong size inground vinyl kit and they had the liner made incorrectly as well but we're not figuring this out until NOW.
We're left with a cesspool and they will not respond or help. We've emailed, called, etc. Install was just completed Dec 2021 and we attempted to use it this summer to no avail. We thought the builder installed incorrectly so we were just living with it and patching holes and adding water all the time. Now we can't find the holes, we've had 3 different pool companies out testing plumbing, etc. Had a guy in a wetsuit test everything. We were going to have a new liner installed to prevent anymore holes only to find out the pool is a 20x40, Pool Warehouse had Hydra liners build liner for a 20x41 and installed dug for 20x41. I have all signed off engineering plans/docs/emails from PW associate saying it was a 20x40 just a few weeks ago. Any suggestions appreciated. Any legal advice as well since we're in this over $40,000, thanks.

Attachments

• Pool pics.pdf
    411.7 KB · Views: 16
Legal advice is not given here.

I don't understand:

Now we can't find the hole

Your builder should have figured out the parts were not correct.

A too small liner is a bigger problem then a too large liner. What problem is the 1 foot in 40 feet causing with the liner?

+1. A too big liner is wrinkly and while unsightly, doesn't leak.

Have you measured the pool or are you going by what everyone is telling you ?

Legal advice is not given here.

I don't understand:

Your builder should have figured out the parts were not correct.

A too small liner is a bigger problem then a too large liner. What problem is the 1 foot in 40 feet causing with the liner?
The pool was dug based on the plans for a 20x41 so the deep end is deeper than should be for a 20x40. The liner is leaking constantly because it doesn't fit and is tearing holes in the liner and we are now unable to find them. The builder built it based on PW's plans

The pool was dug based on the plans for a 20x41 so the deep end is deeper than should be for a 20x40.
What is the difference in the depth between the two plans?

The depth should not vary at the deep end with a 1 foot difference in length.

The liner is leaking constantly because it doesn't fit and is tearing holes in the liner and we are now unable to find them.

If the liner does not have the depth that the pool floor was built to then the leaks are understandable.

But that is a different problem then the length being off.

The builder built it based on PW's plans

The builder can build up the pool floor or you can get a liner properly sized.

Without seeing the plans the builder was using for the 40’ versus what he should have used for the 41’ I can’t comment on who messed up. I would not expect the depth would be different between the two sets of plans.

This is not legal advice but if you cannot present the facts better you will not win in a court.

Explain the difference in depth between the plans and as-built since the depth seems to be the cause of the liner tearing, not the 1’ difference in length.

Reactions: Bperry
Not understanding the issue here either. Sounds like your pool builder goofed up and needs to correct the mistake. If PW didn’t provide the pool builder with the correct parts, it’s up to the builder and PW to correct that mistake, it shouldn’t be on you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.