Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Yellow Stairs

1. Back To Top    #1

Yellow Stairs

My top 3 stairs of my pool are yellow ( 2nd summer w/ a pool). How do I get the color back?

2. Back To Top    #2
    I use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It does a great job on any of the white fiberglass and vinyl item in and around the pool. I have had no issue in using them. Try them, you'll like them! I would also like to know if there is any thing chemically that can be added to reduce the color change, but I have not found any.
    24K gal. 22 X 40' Fox Lagoon IG Vinyl, 7' Fox 25 jet raised Spa, Intelliflow VS-3050 pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWG, Pentair Easy Touch Controller, Easy Touch Wireless Remote, Pentair Legend cleaner w/ booster pump, Pentair 250,000 BTU heater, Pentair Tagelus Sand Filter, & Pentair Intellibrite LED lighting.

3. Back To Top    #3

just fixed my yellow, Copper stairs....... I hate to say it but $40.00 at the pool store will remove the yellow overnight. Mine was to much metal in the water.. Copper stain's. The store sold me a bottle of this copper stain remover ( powder) I poored it on the steps and within a few minutes the stairs where white again. Actually, it was pretty amazing.. Make sure and tell them you want the powder that removes copper stains not copper in the water..... Should clear it up within 5 minutes.....
    Clayton
    30k vinyl liner pool, Hayward pro series high rate sand filter, 1.5 pump motor

4. Back To Top    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    just fixed my yellow, Copper stairs....... I hate to say it but $40.00 at the pool store will remove the yellow overnight. Mine was to much metal in the water.. Copper stain's. The store sold me a bottle of this copper stain remover ( powder) I poored it on the steps and within a few minutes the stairs where white again. Actually, it was pretty amazing.. Make sure and tell them you want the powder that removes copper stains not copper in the water..... Should clear it up within 5 minutes.....
    Sounds like you are talking about Jack's Magic Stair Stuff.
    BTW, how did you get coper in your water? Are you sure it was copper and not iron? Copper doesn't often stain yellow to brown (but it can) and it is not easy to remove. Iron is.