Spilled salt

Suzmoran

Sep 27, 2021
Sc
A bag of salt left lying by the steps of plaster pool had a hole in it and some salt leaked onto steps. Greenish yellow covered part of the steps and marks go down the steps.

The top of step looks better after brushing but still yellow markings going down the steps
Thanks
Any suggestions

When I came back out to take a look there was what I could best describe as a forming rust stain around the perimeter of the existing pile of salt and with a major streak headed towards the main drain.
I quickly brushed out the remainder of the pile to stop that from happening further. Over the weekend I donned my scuba gear and spent some time on the bottom of the pool with a sock filled with crushed vitamin C tablets getting rid of the substantial stain.

Needless to say, I did not, and won't be using that salt again. Perhaps it was something in my pool water that caused this reaction so I am not (exactly) blaming the Clorox Salt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.