Idea for a sticky

Mar 17, 2010
Spring, TX
I was just thinking about this because I have a question and I see it asked a lot. We all know there are different test that you need to do for your water and different products to add that affect certain test results. Here is my idea for a sticky.

1. Post certain products used for different test to either increase or decrease result. This could just be a quick summary
2. How long after adding said product should you expect these products to affect your results.

Example: Muriatic Acid to decrease pH, Aeration to increase pH.
Time: After adding Acid results should be seen on your test in approx. 30 mins-1 hour after adding Acid.
Aeration will depend on how much aeration you are able to provide to break the surface.

I think this would be a big help so that people would know how long after they add said product should it show up on the test results.

Hopefully others may find this helpful. This may already be posted somewhere in another thread but thought it would be helpful to have this type of information in one thread.

JasonLion said:
All of that information is in Pool School, much of it in ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry. Most people memorize it fairly quickly so there hasn't been much call for a quick reference chart.

I see that now. Now that I read over it, that shows all the information I was asking about. The only thing I see it missing would be the amount of time to take to show up on test results after adding said product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.