Under construction in Waxahachie!

I have been rescuing the same frog from my pool for 3 days now.. He was swimming around enjoying himself (He was the first to swim..lol) Found him in my skimmer, still alive and I let him loose. Haven't seen him since. *gulp* I know there is more coming!

HAHA! My neighbor has a huge bullfrog the goes in every night. He waits for bugs to land so he can have his supper. Their kids just swim and pay no attention.

Well, the landscapers are hopefully coming tomorrow! We picked out some "hardy" trees/plants, according to the landscaping company.. We'll see just how well they stand up to this gumbo soil and my "not so green" thumb.

As someone who has a lovely smattering of gorgeous, hearty, and mature trees surrounding her pool, may I suggest you get the self-trimming, leafless, bud less, and keyless kind ;) Like maybe from a 3D projector!

(just kidding. I actually LOVE my mature landscaping and setting...but I am chasing leaves night and day right now here in Michigan...if leaf netting were an Olympic sport, I'd be in great shape!)

Swampwoman said:
As someone who has a lovely smattering of gorgeous, hearty, and mature trees surrounding her pool, may I suggest you get the self-trimming, leafless, bud less, and keyless kind ;) Like maybe from a 3D projector!

(just kidding. I actually LOVE my mature landscaping and setting...but I am chasing leaves night and day right now here in Michigan...if leaf netting were an Olympic sport, I'd be in great shape!)

:lol: :lol: I know what you mean. That could be a full time job with mature Michigan trees! Our trees here are spindly in comparison. Currently, the only tree near the pool is a red oak which hubby wanted to take down too.. :shock: It does drop leaves and acorns, but not too bad with just the one.

So the landscaper guy wants to put in 2 giant daggers and a yucca rostrada. They are drought resistant and sun tolerant. No leaves really... more like "spikes." I also have (in a pot) a pygmy date palm that just might work in there too. So we'll see what we come up with! I'm not sure about that "look" with the red oak.... We'll see soon enough I guess.

I had better go get a water sample - I've had high FC readings and turned the SWG off for a few days.. I'll post pics when the landscaping is done!

Take care of those olympic "guns."

I just had some of my landscaping done as well. I'm sure you're is gonna be prettier, but I did do the drought tolerant as well. More Texas native kinda plants, Oleander, sage..that kinda thing. I will update with a pic this weekend. Good luck with the landscape, keep us posted!!

arvven said:
I just had some of my landscaping done as well. I'm sure you're is gonna be prettier, but I did do the drought tolerant as well. More Texas native kinda plants, Oleander, sage..that kinda thing. I will update with a pic this weekend. Good luck with the landscape, keep us posted!!

Texas native plants are best... at least you know they can tolerate the heat, PLUS, they are so pretty!

I can't do all of mine at once.. I got sticker shocked while walking thru the fields of specimen plants. I've just got to get my pool fence back up, so this is all I can get done now. I'll get some pics taken and posted. We bought a tall tree for the behind the grotto - but I hate that it's hidden... I'm not sure.. it might need to be moved over.

Re: Getting there!

Not finished yet... but this will have to do for now. Do you think the big tree should be moved to the left a little (so the trunk shows)... or is it ok where it is? :?:

Attachments

• IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_2369.jpg
    IMG_2369.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_2368.jpg
    IMG_2368.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 418
My FC was pretty high since it got a little colder here... so I've reduced the % on the SWCG and the run time of the pump. Hopefully, I'll find the sweet spot.

Is that two trees or one with two trunks? I think it looks good there. If you moved it to the left, might have to move the short one with the bluer leaves over as well but it's hard to say. Looks fine now.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Its one tree with 2 trunks. THANKS!!!!!! At least now I can get the iron fence back up. We are putting pampas grass on the outside of the fence - well, that's the plan anyhow... Thanks for your input!

savela said:
What color diamond brite is that? Do the pics reflect the actual color? Like the blue.

It is a hybrid mix of Tahoe Blue and Midnite Blue (8 to 2). Yes, that's the true color, glad you like it!

We had a little frost last night! We covered the trees last night just in case - whew! Also, woke up early this morning and the spa light was on. I went outside to see if the spa was actually warm - and it wasn't. I am guessing that the "freeze guard?" Pretty cool!

Chemicals are holding up well. Had a zillion acorns this year. I scooped out what I could, but the Polaris 280 seems to do a fantastic job - so far.

Anyhow - Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Pool fence is up.. Foggy morning.. Pretty..

Is it summer yet?

Attachments

• IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_2450.jpg
    IMG_2450.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 222
Thanks so much!! I took several shots of the fog. Kind of eerie. (I course I watched too many scary movies when I was a kid.) LOL!

Is it SUMMER yet?

Once it got cold here (under 65 degrees...) we didn't use the spa at all. I guess the mad dash from the spa to the house just took the fun out of it. :shock: :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.