Pentair Cartridge Filter
    3/4 hp Sta-Rite Pump
    2 hp Whisperflo Spa Pump
    Ray-Vac cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Give us all the chem #s and we'll give you a definative answer
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3
    70-90 is what I usually recommend when you are not using dichlor or trichlor for chlorine. If your CYA levels are reasonably low you can often go lower, some people go down to 50 or so. Adding borates to 30-50 ppm allows you to lower TA even further. What level is appropriate for your pool depends on what you are using for chlorine, what the surface of the pool is made of (plaster, vinyl, etc) and where your other levels are.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    cool, cool

I'm using sodium hypo with plaster.

FC 3
    CC .5
    PH 7.4
    Alk 80-90
    Cal 400-430
    CYA 0
    Temp 82
    CSI 0 - .3
    Mike
    20,000 gallon in-ground gunite with attached spa
    Pentair Cartridge Filter
    3/4 hp Sta-Rite Pump
    2 hp Whisperflo Spa Pump
    Ray-Vac cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5
    I take it this pool is indoors and has a heavy bather load. It is always a good idea to put some basic specs about your pool in your signature. That way we always have some context when answering a question.

Your numbers look good assuming you have lots of people using the pool. The FC level is a little too high if you don't have lots of people using the pool. Chem Geek is recommending adding just a little CYA to indoor pools to avoid the problems high chlorine levels can cause for hair, bathing suits, and the occasional "chlorine" allergy, but that is a very new idea at this point and not always accepted by health agencies.

Your TA and CH levels look fine. You could lower TA just a hair, but it really won't make any difference at this point.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School