3 weeks of SLAM, still cloudy :(

Didn’t pass OCLT.
FC last night = 15, this morning, about two hours after sunrise, FC=12.5. CC was 0 both times.

Looking real clear though! I’ll go retrieve that stick once it’s not so darn cold and FC is fit for human immersion.

May need to troubleshoot a bit. FC jumps much higher than pool math suggests a couple of times this week. Could be a fluke, tired tester, inconsistent bleach strength, or maybe I need to check more than an hour after addding.

Attachments

• 466C8CC4-7CEB-4C30-AAFD-CE9625FD7A70.jpeg
    466C8CC4-7CEB-4C30-AAFD-CE9625FD7A70.jpeg
    246.8 KB · Views: 6
For the stick - use the brush & the scooper/skimmer- kinda like a broom & dustpan
Doing the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test gives u an idea of your progress but until the water is crystal clear like this 👇
How Clear is TFP Clear? there’s no rush to do one
Appears that I’ll never be done brushing. Ever. 😂

Just a routine brushing this morning kicked up some crud which somehow was still hiding even in a clear pool. It’s found a way to cloak itself now. Likely a good chunk of my FC loss.

I like the dustpan idea. Gotta find a 2nd pole. 👍

I'm on week 2 of clean up after opening, first week was get all the dark green out. 2nd week was battle for cloudy, it start with unable to see the 2nd steps of stair. as today it is more clear on the 4' side and i'm able to see the liner. on the deep side still not able to see my drain :(

worst year of opening pool, never take this long:mad:

will Oxidizing shock increase of speed up break down the organic what ever that still alive in my water?

I'm on week 2 of clean up after opening, first week was get all the dark green out. 2nd week was battle for cloudy, it start with unable to see the 2nd steps of stair. as today it is more clear on the 4' side and i'm able to see the liner. on the deep side still not able to see my drain :(

worst year of opening pool, never take this long:mad:

will Oxidizing shock increase of speed up break down the organic what ever that still alive in my water?
I’m no pro, but my best advice is brush till your arms fall off. :)

What I had to do unfortunately.

Appears that I’ll never be done brushing. Ever. 😂

Just a routine brushing this morning kicked up some crud which somehow was still hiding even in a clear pool. It’s found a way to cloak itself now. Likely a good chunk of my FC loss.

I like the dustpan idea. Gotta find a 2nd pole. 👍
Ok, more chlorine loss last night. Still enough residue debris I think to cause it. It’s also gonna be very hot today, and I very very much want to use pool. If I left FC drop to swimmable level, and it’s very clear - safe to go in, yes? I can get rest of sticks out of adult if I’m in, and can return to SLAM level tonight?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just fine to swim at SLAM level. I wouldn't remove any chlorine. Replenish it back to slam when your done. The increased water movement because of folks might actually help your SLAM a little! :)
Pool successfully enjoyed yesterday! 🙌
Vacuumed every last little bit of EVERYTHING while in there. 🙂

Added couple cups of bleach after swimming, FC last night was 13. Was 14 this morning. 🤔 Did a second test after a cup of coffee to wake up and tries a different area of pool - still 14. Guess I pass OCLT if pool made chlorine. 🤷‍♂️
The floater has two scraps of 3” tabs in there - it’s *possible* they added to chlorine. Will run another OCLT test tonight just out of habitual bedtime routine - but gang, I *think* this 5+ week marathon pool SLAM is DONE.

Will let FC drop a bit to more accurately test pH. I’ll actually get to use the rest of K-2006 kit today too and retest hardness and alkalinity. Though strip test indicates they’re in decent shape. Guessing I need about a pint of baking soda, and I’m good to go. CYA test will be interesting - expecting still around 30, so will have to add some stabilizer before we’re gone for a bit sometime in July.

You guys are great. Thanks again for the help, tips, encouragement and commiserating. Really does help to know you’re not losing your mind with a frustrating repetitive and seemingly endless task like this.

Cheers. :)

The floater has two scraps of 3” tabs in there - it’s *possible* they added to chlorine
Really ? What else were they supposed to add ? Sharks ? :ROFLMAO:

All OCLT results are null and void when any source of FC is added over night. Liquid/ puck / powder / SWG, etc.

Now. That doesn't mean you failed, it just means you invalidated the test and need to do one proper tonight. (y)

Reactions: jeffchap

All OCLT results are null and void when any source of FC is added over night. Liquid/ puck / powder / SWG, etc.

Now. That doesn't mean you failed, it just means you invalidated the test and need to do one proper tonight. (y)
Fair enough, guess I walked into that one. 😂

Probably would’ve helped if I better explained I was surprised that tiny remnants of pucks could add a whole 1ppm overnight. :)

Here’s a concern I have - just went to hardware store. SMALL bucket of 3” tricolor is ONE HUNDRED AND TEN DOLLARS. 😱

At some point in July, we’re gonna be away possibly for 5days. With no tabs and no one to pour in the bleach - can I get by with a SLAM load and just the cover? SLAM the heck out of it when we get back? Cannot afford pool to go backwards. All vacations canceled. :)

Attachments

• AAFF91FF-CD1B-4C52-8616-F703D809270E.jpeg
    AAFF91FF-CD1B-4C52-8616-F703D809270E.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 2
At some point in July, we’re gonna be away possibly for 5days. With no tabs and no one to pour in the bleach - can I get by with a SLAM load and just the cover
SLAM, cover, and you can buy individual pucks at Walmart/ HD / Lowes. They're $7 each. Ouch.

Reactions: ShedSquirrel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.