The person who just posted before me...

RT needs to (edited by SeanB) say "Screw the warranty" and save himself $2000 on the liftkit install - I bet he's one of those that pays $1000 for a $100 trailer hitch because the dealer threatened him with a "warranty clause". (JK - Don't get offended!)
I used to be a GM man (Still am for the older stuff), but really hate the way their electronics are going - Ford (I hate to say it) has the most reliable trucks out there.

To stay on the lift kit topic:

I have a 92 GMC Jimmy 4 door (S15 model - loaded) play truck :
bought it stock, painted it 50th anniversary Corvette Red with Storm Grey complementary lower trim,
has a home made 6" suspension lift, homemade 3" body lift, 38" tires on '86 Z28 rims with a 2" offset,
4x PIAA 150Watt off road lights on homemade roof mount light bar with quick disconnect (don't come at me with your brights on)
Roof mounted spare, and all sorts of other goodies
Currently tucked away in my barn awaiting 350 CID heart transplant due to high ticker mileage 400,000 k on the original Vortex.
Here she is with 32's and body lift only - going thru the body work stage.
Ready 4 paint:
100_0571a.jpg

Fresh paint:
100_0582a.jpg

Almost got all trim back on:
100_0587a.jpg

Oh, and I should mention that compared to most done up trucks, THIS particular truck DOES see dirt (and LOTS of it), and at 200,000 k it saw the middle of a lake - oops!

Rollin Thunder said:
wardsntx, needs to sell me his pool, or he can just trade with me.

side note- SD, that is what i was quoted for parts and labor from the gmc dealer as not to void the warrenty. you dont have ac in cali, wow that must stink. and i bet you dont have the digital duel zone system eather, he went all out on his yukon, he got the tv, nav, 4wd, heated seats, and this awsome remote that tells you your fuel level and your tire pressure, also lets you start the car.

Yep, A/C is a must have here! It has been making a funny clicking sound for a little while, so I knew it needed some tlc. I rarely drive it so I just found out the other day that it's given up the fight.
We have dual climate controls, only when we put the tv/dvd in the back, we took out their controls. I can still control the rear separately, but if you're in the backseat you need to tell me whatcha want. Small price to pay to watch Spongebob and Shrek. :) We don't have any of those other fancy extras. :(

On a side note- my mom just got a new cadillac and can you believe it has a cooling system for the seats and for the steering wheel??!! Another thing it has is a beeping deal when you get too close to something it tells you. However, when my dad decided to back into a pole, he was going too fast to stop when it beeped at him. He always seems to crash the cars before they even have license plates, but this time he'd put them on that morning. :lol:

matt4x4 said:
Oh, and I should mention that compared to most done up trucks, THIS particular truck DOES see dirt (and LOTS of it), and at 200,000 k it saw the middle of a lake - oops!

To keep on topic: Matt4x4 calls his SUV a truck! :lol: :whoot:

Well, my YukonXL is not 4x4, so it would be pretty dumb to take that one in the dirt. It rarely even sees dust since it fits in the garage (barely, only the antenna hits).

As for our lifted F250, it see's a lot of dirt since it doesn't fit in the garage, but not like yours! The most ours sees is when my husband finds a muddy field after a good rain, but that's only been a few times.

How did you put it in a lake??? :shock:

SD, should have gotten 4wd on her yukon, how can you lift it and not have 4wd, just kinda a waste to llift it if you cant take it off road. sd also had to get rid of her ac for a tv when she should have just gotten it from the factory to keep it like i did.

we have a new acadia for my wife and she loves it, it has those back up sensors, and when your backing up there is a camera that shows up on the nav screen. I love the cooled seats on it, that is the best feature in the world.

mat4x4, the 06 does see dirt (sand, mud, snow, and water, not deep like yours though) and i only payed 425 for a tow hitch because thats how much it was from the factory.

On topic - RT's wife has a COOL looking SUV!

Off topic - backup camera's are great (when they're not covered in MUD) - my mother in law had me install one on her Maxima - half a year later she asked me to remove it BC it's always covered in MUD and useless (She lives in the boonies - dirt roads)

The lake story - I was off roading with the club - back when the truck (and yes, it may look like an SUV to many, but it's got the heart and soul of a TRUCK - it's ALSO got a FULL FRAME so theoretically it IS a truck) was running on it's 3" body lift and 32's, I was behind a buddy running his full size 80's Jimmy on 44" Super Swampers, since he looked to make it through the lake easily I decided to give it a shot only to get about half way and have a big wave come over the top of the hood, engine hydro locked on idle, he backed back in and pulled me out, I pulled the plugs trailside, cranked her over to push the water out of the cylinders, put plugs back in, fired her up, after about a minute of water shooting out of the exhaust she ran fine again, never had engine problems after that (lucky as all heck).
I've got some wild videos on VHS at home of our adventures - one day I will have to convert them to digital.

425 for a hundred dollar class 3 - gotta love dealers!!!

Rollin Thunder said:
SD, should have gotten 4wd on her yukon, how can you lift it and not have 4wd, just kinda a waste to llift it if you cant take it off road. sd also had to get rid of her ac for a tv when she should have just gotten it from the factory to keep it like i did.

we have a new acadia for my wife and she loves it, it has those back up sensors, and when your backing up there is a camera that shows up on the nav screen. I love the cooled seats on it, that is the best feature in the world.

mat4x4, the 06 does see dirt (sand, mud, snow, and water, not deep like yours though) and i only payed 425 for a tow hitch because thats how much it was from the factory.

I didn't buy mine new, RT. I just found it and I loved it. Here in So Cal, it's not as much about playing in the mud as it is just looking good (explains the hair in my lip gloss issue.) 8) It's kind of like lowering a vehicle- it serves no purpose but to look good, and roll under the lifted trucks I guess.

I didn't get rid of the AC, silly! I just took the power to control it from the kids and use my own dual controls up front. If you spent less $$$ on "factory" upgrades, you'd have that heater on your very chilly pool. I'll think of all of your factory upgrades as I swim in my pool in December :lol:

SD lost her tri-zone ac for a tv.

is it an SLE or SLT.

yea, i guess, i think that my wife will enjoy all her factory upgrades in her acadia rather than a heater in the pool.

offtopic,

here is Silver Bullit.

012.jpg

divnkd101 is wrong about the name, no this is really our second acadia but we sold the 07, my son used to have an 07 and we loved it, but he didn't like that it didn't have a v-8, so he sold it, right now he just has the yukon, but for graduation were gitting him a sierra denali, and im looking at those new Enclaves

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Rollin Thunder said:
divnkd101 is wrong about the name, no this is really our second acadia but we sold the 07, my son used to have an 07 and we loved it, but he didn't like that it didn't have a v-8, so he sold it, right now he just has the yukon, but for graduation were gitting him a sierra denali, and im looking at those new Enclaves

Hey RT, how would you feel about adopting me???

skinnydipper said:
Rollin Thunder said:

Hey RT, how would you feel about adopting me???

SD wants to be adopted, i have three kids, luckely one is 20 and has one year left of school and living with us, HA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.