What???!!!!! $1300 for a gas line

oasis1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Hi,

We are/were thinking about getting a heater for the pool we're getting. I just got 2 quotes $1395 and $1200!!!!! :shock:
Is that outrageous or is it just me?
FYI the distance between the meter and the pool is approximately 50 feet. If you have a heater, how much did it cost you?
Does it cost a fortune to run it to?

Thanks for any input!!

Sounds reasonable considering the cost of the copper (pretty high right now, as with many other metals), the cost of skilled labor to install it and all of the "extras" like digging, permits, inspections, etc.

I looked into running a gas line to my house a few months back for a new gas instant-on water heater and a gas dryer and stove. Just the cost from the gas company to the house (about 60 feet) was $3200! From there, I'd do my own runs to the pool, BBQ, etc. That said, just the materials on the do it myself install were going to be over $1000.

That's not bad at all :cry: You'll find with an AGP that the pool itself is the cheapest part of getting the pool up and running. I ended up paying $899 for the pool and about $9k for the rest... deck, electric, permits, solar panels, pump, filter, SWG...ugh, ok time for me to forget that time and look fwd to enjoying the pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.