24 hours VSP?

M,

I hate to disagree with @jimmythegreek who I am sure knows much more about pools than I do, but what he says about skimming does not ring true with my experiences...

I have three pools and they all have 3 HP IntelliFlo pumps.. All three run at 1200 RPM about 90% of the time, 24/7. They do ramp up to 1500 RPM a couple of hours a day. My total cost to do that is less than $20 bucks a month for each pool.

All three saltwater pools make chlorine and skim well at 1200 RPM.. My pool has two skimmers and the other two rent house pools only have one skimmer and I've never had a skimming issue with any of them.

I like running 24/7 because I'm making a little chlorine all the time and skimming all the time.. At that speed you can't hear the pump running and I like the fact that I never have to prime. It is not for everybody, I just personally like it. One of pumps is over 10 years old, one is over 8 years old and the one at my house is over 6 years old. They never run faster than 2800 RPM and that is my waterfall speed which is not used much.

Oh! I live in this Century and use Robots to clean my pools, so cleaning is never an issue... :mrgreen:

Thanks

Jim R.

I run mine 24/7 as well. Most of the time it is at a low rpms, with it kicking up to a higher rpms a few times a day.

No worries Jim! Most pools in my experience need 2 hrs a day minimum at a higher rpm to really skim well. Newer pools with several returns can get by low and slow for extended periods and do pretty good. And i agree a 120v robot is the only way to fly nowadays

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.