Is HTH stabilizer (from Walmart) just as good as...

Help - I just poured 2 pounds of stabilizer in front of my return jets - no sock - because I was not smart enough to read this thread before I did it. So I poured it in slowly and just as slowly, it all settled on the bottom of my vinyl pool. I tried to brush it around to get it to dissolve and of course, no luck as I now know. So now what do I do? I know not to backwash or use my pool bot in the next week but will the undissolved crystals hurt the liner and will they hurt us if we try to swim before they dissolve? Yikes!

I found this thread on Google when I put the Walmart stabilizer in my 2500 gallon 12 foot round Intex pool and it didn't dissolve.

So, I prepared to have to vacuum the undissolved powder out of the pool and put new stuff in a sock in front of the intake for the filter. (We have no skimmer, just a paper filter cartridge.) I have a cheapo vacuum with a fabric bag. So I vacuumed it out and there was nowhere near as much in the vacuum bag as I put in, so I'm left to assume it dissolved.

So basically, I put the powder in a sock and put it by an intake and it dissolved. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.