2023 Bleach Prices

I put in my monthly order with Walmart to get 12 gallons delivered and they sent me an email an hour later saying I was refunded. WM is completely out in our area too. The price was decent at just under $6 per gallon but the convenience of having 12 jugs dropped off on my front porch the next day was making me spoiled. I still have 7-8 gallons left which could possibly last me until we are done with the pool early October. The SWCG is looking more and more attractive when spring gets near.... Maybe trichlor will make a comeback???

I was spending about $75 per month from May-Sept on bleach jugs, which comes to $360 per year. I would use a lot less in April and Oct when the water is colder so let's round that up to $400. You can't use the SWCG in winter so those other 5 months don't matter. I'm going to say the cost of salt would be equivalent in value to the time/effort to buying bleach jugs and manually dosing so that's a wash. It would take me 3 years for the SWCG to pay for itself. Maybe a no-interest credit card will help spread out the costs?
Andy, I can confirm that Smith pools has 10.5-11% fresh stuff for $4/gal +tax - just got 10 gallons in Southaven. I have to imagine the memphis store has the same prices.
This doesn’t include the deposit for the jugs- I paid for that years ago 🤑

Walmart lied again and said it was stocked at my location but wasn't. Home Depot and Lowes are out in my county. I went to the Lowes one county over which claimed to have 50 gallons. They lied, they only had four and one was leaking. So, I got three...and those look like they were buried and dug up at some point.

This is bad.

Walmart lied again and said it was stocked at my location but wasn't. Home Depot and Lowes are out in my county. I went to the Lowes one county over which claimed to have 50 gallons. They lied, they only had four and one was leaking. So, I got three...and those look like they were buried and dug up at some point.

This is bad.
Our Walmart always shows it's in stock but never has it also.
Big reason I will never do without a SWG

Well, it has been available to order online at Walmart at the $5.67 price. I went ahead and had 8 gallons "shipped". Normally I can get the free shipping and they just run it over using their couriers the same as delivery (same day or next day). This order really did ship out of Florida, though. They pack them up 4 gallons in a box and part of the order arrived already. That's good because today I ran totally dry with zero prospects of finding any locally.

Well, it has been available to order online at Walmart at the $5.67 price. I went ahead and had 8 gallons "shipped". Normally I can get the free shipping and they just run it over using their couriers the same as delivery (same day or next day). This order really did ship out of Florida, though. They pack them up 4 gallons in a box and part of the order arrived already. That's good because today I ran totally dry with zero prospects of finding any locally.
What’s the freshness?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have to get my glasses and a calculator, getting too old for all that.
Either screenshot the calander from Google, or do what I do with simple maths. Each month is 30 days, plus the leftover.

186 is 9 months 6 days. 6 days into the 10th month is Oct 6th

Good to hear walmart is shipping them out.

I discovered a full wall full of the $11 2-paks at a walmart I visited that was showing none available at a store!

You all got me worried so I loaded up 10 boxes so I should be ok for a few months

Reactions: Mdragger88
I just poured in the last 2 gallons of 10% bleach that I bought 2 months ago :cry:"
Now I've got to choose between paying over $6.00 a gallon for regular strength bleach
or using 3 inch chlorine tablets. I have perhaps only 1 month left before closing.
I was thinking the tablets would add CYA to help during the winter months.
What say ye?? Please give my your advice!!!

Last edited:
I just poured in the last 2 gallons of 10% bleach that I bought 2 months ago :cry:"
Now I've got to choose between paying over $6.00 a gallon for regular strength bleach
or using 3 inch chlorine tablets. I have perhaps only 1 month left before closing.
I was thinking the tablets would add CYA to help during the winter months.
What say ye?? Please give my your advice!!!
Where are u in the mid south?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.