2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

LOL, someone lost a flipper! Do you have a Go Pro?

I’m scared to know what your water temp is!

This is so wrong. :(

I live in Georgia.... my freaky water was only 66 degrees today!! Last year we had our first swim in the pool on April 29th, this year it will be....?? Geesh.

Maddie :flower:

I had heater on last night. pool was 91 or 92.

This is the reason we got a small pool. It heats up in a couple hours and doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Fiberglass being such a good insulator combined with a solar cover it retains very well too.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Will you get "fancy" with the cuts to match the curves of your pool? Me? I love a good broom finish as it is SO easy to clean and is not slippery at all. What color will you tint it?

Kim:kim:

a grey tint. hopefully match the aluminum coping as close as possible.

Pretty impossible to cut curves with a 14" diamond blade and they wouldn't be particularly effective in crack control IMO.
Maybe cut on a diagonal. imagine the pool is a rectangle and make cuts 45 degrees off the side walls.

a grey tint. hopefully match the aluminum coping as close as possible.

Pretty impossible to cut curves with a 14" diamond blade and they wouldn't be particularly effective in crack control IMO.
Maybe cut on a diagonal. imagine the pool is a rectangle and make cuts 45 degrees off the side walls.
The guys who did our concrete did cuts around our pool with a saw and followed the pool contours. They did an ok job with it.
0474c342fe08dd895a9cd898c2ec8d7f.jpg

We went with a swirl instead of a broom finish. The concrete finisher talked me out of a broom finish because of all the curves. I glad he did. The swirls looks great, give the same traction and you don't end up with lines at odd angles. Its hard to see but here is a pic.

iZCya4Q.jpg

I have a BR Pacific pool with only the skimmer as the return. While I think a main drain would have been nice, it seems like they aren't installed in fiberglass pools that often as they aren't necessary to provide proper water flow. The problem is people jumping in the pool can really deny water to the skimmer, causing it to suck in air. The solution I've come up with is to just not have the filter running if we are having people jumping or kicking up a lot of water. I also keep the water on the skimmer a bit higher, closer to 2/3rds the way up. Good thing with the pool size and fiberglass shell, the pump really doesn't need to run that much to keep the water clean.

The autofiller that uses the existing plumbing sounds great. I may look into that myself as I do agree the water level fluctuation in my 13K gal pool can be more severe than in larger pools and without the main drain, it if goes below the skimmer then I might be in trouble. One other though is to get a water sensor like you got, but tie it to a z-wave home automation routine that can cut the power to the pump. So at least that way I can make sure the pump doesn't run dry.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.