2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

I had to fix deck footing like that once on edge of deck, used an auger on the skidsteer and made the hole 18" but deeper. used the shovel to knock down deck side of hole so footing would grab a post and used post digger to clean hole and made footing oval, left it low on yard side to cover w landscaping/dirt, but your footing may be inbound of edge. Maybe you could pull a few boards and go thru that way, or just do a slab on grade and adjust as it moves thru the cycles like alaskans do

I had to fix deck footing like that once on edge of deck, used an auger on the skidsteer and made the hole 18" but deeper. used the shovel to knock down deck side of hole so footing would grab a post and used post digger to clean hole and made footing oval, left it low on yard side to cover w landscaping/dirt, but your footing may be inbound of edge. Maybe you could pull a few boards and go thru that way, or just do a slab on grade and adjust as it moves thru the cycles like alaskans do

I'm always wondering around the property looking for odd jobs to do and if I had nothing else on my plate I would do exactly what you suggest. For now I just want the place finished, clean and organized. lol. I will do the quick fix until at which time I completely rebuild the deck. Its junk.

A couple of app screenshots. Love how the Heater Reader let's me know how much I am spending in natural gas.

Also a night shot of the pool. Still playing with salt cell settings but water is nice and clear and levels are great.

Also, got my Jandy K1100 electronic autofiller today. ran electronics, but need to plumb it in. The sensor that goes in the throat of the skimmer is larger than I thought from pics. Its gonna be a tight fit. I also have to run a conduit so that I can change the sensor if it ever fails. The wire itself is encapsulated into the sensor so if it goes, wire and all have to be replaced.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180515-212118_Heater Reader.jpg
    Screenshot_20180515-212118_Heater Reader.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 201
  • Screenshot_20180515-193605_Heater Reader.jpg
    Screenshot_20180515-193605_Heater Reader.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 20180515_165626.jpg
    20180515_165626.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 20180515_212554.jpg
    20180515_212554.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 201
I was going to ask if you had any idea how much heating it would cost you. Guess that is a yes you do know! LOL

That water looks awesome! Well done sir!

Kim:kim:

In the heat of the summer I suspect we will keep it around 85 so cost will drop. When the air is cold like it has been, 85 seems freezing.

The good thing is the pool gets SUN from 7am until 5pm.

Long hours at work this week so the only thing I've really worked on is this Jandy K1100 auto filler.

The black thing with 2 stainless pins sticking out is a sensor mounted in the throat of my skimmer. It is mounted with outdoor velcro so it can easily be adjusted up or down. When water is not touching the pins, the control box opens a sprinkler type valve and water is fed into return lines at the equipment pad. It's a good system because there is no pressurized lines under my pool deck.

Attachments

• 20180518_080617.jpg
    20180518_080617.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 177
  • 20180517_183246.jpg
    20180517_183246.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 175

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
that is slick Chris, never seen that before. is it pretty universal with hookup? I have a hayward aqualogic w the salt cell I cant justify spending the cost on the control box and antenna for 800ish but that looks handy. what did it set you back and how was the wiring w the hayward salt box

The install is universal and there is no relation to the SWG. The water supply is fed thru return lines so you do not need to worry about the SWG flow switch triggering.

For a really small pool like mine, I believe this is an important feature. It wouldn't take too many cannonballs yo get water below skimmer and fry a pump.

Price was $569 Canadian. Around $400 USD I bet.

The install is universal and there is no relation to the SWG. The water supply is fed thru return lines so you do not need to worry about the SWG flow switch triggering.

For a really small pool like mine, I believe this is an important feature. It wouldn't take too many cannonballs yo get water below skimmer and fry a pump.

Price was $569 Canadian. Around $400 USD I bet.

I have adjusted half my returns to pull from the main drain to take care of this problem:cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.