2018: Fiberglass install uxbridge ointario

how many guys are lucky enough to have road gravel at the bottom of their excavation? lol

Tomorrow I will compact just for the heck of it. apply a non woven geotextile to the floor and walls. Then do my HPB base. I have 25 tons of HPB sitting on my street right now. Neighbours will love me. lol

Attachments

• 20180319_144717.jpg
    20180319_144717.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 221

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Man. it's been non stop go the last 2 days. Fighting frost, and time.

Got the base leveled out today. finished at 1pm and the pool showed up at 2.

30 minutes max to get it in position and according to my laser I am bang on. One corner is + 1/8" and the other 3 are +/- 0. can't ask for better than that given the tolerances with a fiberglass formed pool.

I am in a way better mental state compared to the first part of the week.

If anyone is wondering aboit the geotextile fabric......Money well spent imo to prevent migration from native soil into the voids of the crushed gravel.

Attachments

• 20180321_130951.jpg
    20180321_130951.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 20180321_132651.jpg
    20180321_132651.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 202
  • 20180321_142136.jpg
    20180321_142136.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 20180321_151357.jpg
    20180321_151357.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 199
That is SO close to being purrfect! WOW! You do good work.

So talk to me..........what is the blue tube with white "sock" coming off it?

Do I see you adding water to the pool? Will you also using "framing" to help the inside walls?

Will you put the gravel in by hand/shovel?

Kim:kim:

That is SO close to being purrfect! WOW! You do good work.

So talk to me..........what is the blue tube with white "sock" coming off it?

Do I see you adding water to the pool? Will you also using "framing" to help the inside walls?

Will you put the gravel in by hand/shovel?

ok, so a fiberglass pool is no different that a boat hull. My pool will have a weeping tile around the parameter. That pipe with the sock on it, is weeping tile. Basically a 4” diameter flexible pipe that is perforated. The sock prevents silt from clogging the perforations. All the weeping tile will “tee” into that little pig tail I left hanging out. The green vertical pipe will be like a sump pit. Should I ever need to drain the pool, and the ground water is high......I can drop a pump down that green pipe and pump it out. If I didn’t remove the ground water, the empty pool would be displacing so much water it would want to pop out of the ground. It could lift the concrete deck with it. This can and has happened, I’ve seen pics.
The green pipe btw, will be cut once my grade is done. It won’t be sticking 3’ up like a sore thumb. Lol

I’ve added some water but not much...I did have to put salt in it to prevent freezing. The idea is you put water as you backfil with gravel. You don’t want to fill pool up without backfil and you don’t want to back fill an empty pool. You want those forces to work against each other. Although, these blue Hawaii pools are so well built I bet you could fill them up.

No framimg, just clear High performance bedding or 1/4” chip as some people call it.

Combination of wheelbarrow and machine to backfill.

:)

Did he get any of it being set in?

Who is the guy in the orange vest (rope guider)?

Is that you in the brown?

LOL on the 19 yr old camera operator...camera went where his eyes went. He did a good job.

How close to the house did it get? Looks close due to angle :shock:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.