2016 bleach prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a reminder for those living in the more rural areas, Dollar General's house brand bleach is 8.25% (in the 121oz bottle). Dollar General usually runs a weekly special of $5 a $25 purchase (some weeks it may be $5 off a $30 purchase) that can bring the bleach price (per bottle) down to about $2.39 per bottle. The best way to find that deal is to sign up for the Dollar General digital coupon program but you can also watch your receipts from a DG purchase as they print that coupon on sales receipts in the week leading up to the sale.

If you are in the DG digital coupon club, you do NOT need a prior purchase to clip/use the coupon.

Also, Fred's stores has an affinity program and while the benefit is not quite as good as DG's, it brings the price down a bit too.

INGLES in Anderson, SC has store brand for $1.98. Problem is strength is not listed on the bottle. I'm guessing it is 6% or so based on price and no marking. Thoughts? It was produced this month so at least it is fresh. I haven't bought any bc I don't know the strength and wanted to hear opinions first.

INGLES in Anderson, SC has store brand for $1.98. Problem is strength is not listed on the bottle. I'm guessing it is 6% or so based on price and no marking. Thoughts? It was produced this month so at least it is fresh. I haven't bought any bc I don't know the strength and wanted to hear opinions first.
Most 8.25 is marked with it. You could Google the brand and see if you can find an msds. Some of the cheap stuff is "1-5%" which isn't worth $1. When in doubt, buy at Target or Walmart.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

So here in North San Antonio, at the Super Wal-mart, they have the 10% Chlorinating Liquid for $2.50 (I called and asked, have not been to store yet). I guess this is a good price? I have been buying the HDX Germicidal Bleach (8.25%) at Home Depot for 2.99. The HDX bleach date is good (16 112) which is April 22? Seems really new to already be on shelves. Wondering the date on the stuff at Wal-mart. If old, am I better off with the fresh Home Depot stuff?

Most 8.25 is marked with it. You could Google the brand and see if you can find an msds. Some of the cheap stuff is "1-5%" which isn't worth $1. When in doubt, buy at Target or Walmart.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Yeah I looked it up and it was 6%. Not a terrible deal at $1.98 but I'll stick with the WalMart at $2.94 I've been buying. I saw the pool chlorinator at the super walmart for $2.50 but that store is all the way across town. I'd prefer to get the great value brand bleach at the neighborhood market right down the street.

Local pool store has 5 gallon carboys of 12.5% for $15, free delivery. They had it at my door within 30mins of ordering. No more grocery store bleach here :eek:

dWLNpmU.jpg

Where at in PA? I'm in Pittsburgh area, would be interested...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Buchheit farm store in House Springs,MO has 10% for 2.99/gal. When you buy a case (4 gal), they give you 10% off all season. Currently, they are running a sale: 1 case for $7.96. There are other Buchheit locations in Missouri and I think a few in Illinois.

I go to Ocean State Job Lot and pick it up for $1.49 for a gallon at 10%.

I'm in NY and they stock 12.5% at $2.99/gal. Is that in their pool supplies, or in another section?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, OSJL bleach has no discernable date that I can find. I bought 24 gallons anyway because the clerk said that they got it in just a few days ago. Anyone else noticed this oddity with their "Mega-Shock" LC?

My menards flyer says limit 6 free gallons per guest. Guess I'll be going SWG. Liquid is expensive in my area this year or in this case a hassle for multiple purchases. In the past I'd stock up for the summer during this bogo sale.. hard to beat $2/gal for 12%

BTW, OSJL bleach has no discernable date that I can find. I bought 24 gallons anyway because the clerk said that they got it in just a few days ago. Anyone else noticed this oddity with their "Mega-Shock" LC?
OSJLhas been selling gallon jug chlorine for $2.99 for at least four years now. It's away 12.5% and always fresh. They source their chlorine from a least three different manufacture that I have seen:

Pool Tech Shock from James Austins Company, Mars PA.
Diamond Clear Mega Shock from Amco Inc, Woonsocket RI
Super Shock from H.Krevit & company, New Haven CT

Regarding date lot codes, both Pool Tech and Super Shock products have date codes marked on the jugs. Amco doesn't date code their Diamond Clear Megashock at all. I confirmed this via an email to them. They said that their product is on OSJL floor within a few days of manufacture.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.