2 year old Warrior SE not working

Good job 👏 Pentair 🎉🎉

Yeah, my worst case scenario fall back is always manual vacuuming but it is really not a viable option in the dead of winter when the water temp is hovering in the high 30’s and it’s cool and breezy outside. But running a robot cleaning in cold water isn’t good either as I really don’t believe the seals are designed for that kind of thermal contraction. Even the robot manuals state that they shouldn’t be run when the water temps are below 60F.

So I definitely encourage the use of an alternative cleaning method even if that means manual vacuuming of the pool 😣

I wonder how many owners are ignorant of that fact and leave their robot in the pool 24/7 year round and therefore risk water intrusion with the seals in cold water? A warning label on the exterior of the robot would be nice.

All of the Maytronics manuals I can find, at least for S200/E30/etc equivalents, give a temperature range of 43-93F (6-34C). Conveniently, my pool's lowest in winter is 43-46F depending on the year.

Not to say that a backup is a bad thing to use, but I found the Dolphin handled the big November/December leaf drop better than the Polaris 280 used to; the basket is big enough to make a significant dent each time it runs to keep up. With the 280 I had to manually scoop the bulk piles out once or twice each winter, then it would clean the rest.

Our E30 is in the pool 24/7 year round; that works enough better into our lifestyle since the pool is a bit of a walk from the house and I'd forget to go out and put it in, then later go take it out. Much easier to be wandering outside every couple days and grab it, empty it, and put it back in. If it doesn't at least several years I'll reconsider for the next cleaner, but for now I'm willing to live on the edge.

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
All of the Maytronics manuals I can find, at least for S200/E30/etc equivalents, give a temperature range of 43-93F (6-34C). Conveniently, my pool's lowest in winter is 43-46F depending on the year.

Not to say that a backup is a bad thing to use, but I found the Dolphin handled the big November/December leaf drop better than the Polaris 280 used to; the basket is big enough to make a significant dent each time it runs to keep up. With the 280 I had to manually scoop the bulk piles out once or twice each winter, then it would clean the rest.

Our E30 is in the pool 24/7 year round; that works enough better into our lifestyle since the pool is a bit of a walk from the house and I'd forget to go out and put it in, then later go take it out. Much easier to be wandering outside every couple days and grab it, empty it, and put it back in. If it doesn't at least several years I'll reconsider for the next cleaner, but for now I'm willing to live on the edge.
I said the same thing for the same reasons...and here I am. 😂

After I replaced my SE motor assembly, i’ve really tried to limit how much I use it. I used to run it if I saw just a little dirt in the pool. Now I only run it maybe once every 2-3 weeks. i’ve always taken it out of the pool and rinsed the filters immediately after use. I try to use the brush and skimmer net much more now. I’m really going to try not to use it this winter in the cold water. I need it to last more than the 1.5 years I got out of the first motor. 😅

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
This is my pool. 2-3 weeks definitely won't cut it. Can't really see it but there are two large Crepe Myrtles where the arrows are. Most of the rest are old Leland Cypress trees, one big Magnolia tree.

I may be able to cut it to every other day, and using some other solution through the winter. My wife is a teacher, and has a good friend who is also a teacher. In the summer they may be at the pool every day, and I need it clean and ready to go at any time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220821-083139-218.png
    Screenshot_20220821-083139-218.png
    961.9 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Apsuhead
I gave something a try today, and I am pleased so far. I saw this Intex cleaner on eBay for $80. It'll work in my hot tub, but given the current situation...I wanted to see if I can make it work in the pool.

View attachment 448677View attachment 448678
I almost bought that instead of my dolphin to replace my old intex auto cleaner. Glad it’s working 4 u!

Well, it was moving around. 😂 Ran it a few hours yesterday, when I get home today we'll see if it did much cleaning, and if so how much area it covered.
My old version did pretty good with just its little sweeper fingers that were made of intex liner material so I can only imagine that the little brush improves upon that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a pressure port for a pressure cleaner.

This is running off of one of the regular return jets (eyeball removed and adapted). This is a pressure cleaner that runs off a return side jet.

Did I state something somewhere about a suction port or suction cleaner? If I did I was mistaken and I apologize.

I'd be all over a suction side cleaner if I had a suction port, but I don't want to deal with tying up my skimmer.

It's all already diverted.

In the first clip I posted, I feel like it was moving around at a pretty good pace. The reviews cautioned against making it run too fast, saying it would drive over debris and not pick it up.

How does that ground speed compare to your old Intex cleaner? I wish Intex gave us an RPMs range on the wheels to shoot for like Polaris does.

Last edited:
It's all already diverted.

In the first clip I posted, I feel like it was moving around at a pretty good pace. The reviews cautioned against making it run too fast, saying it would drive over debris and not pick it up.

How does that ground speed compare to your old Intex cleaner? I wish Intex gave us an RPMs range on the wheels to shoot for like Polaris does.
Its very similar to the speed when I had it in my 33’ pool. It definitely would skip stuff if I had it going too fast. The unit I had doesn’t climb the walls.

Reactions: mwemaxxowner
I have a few formidable wrinkles in my liner, and it does get stuck on those sometimes. It approaches with enough force to push the leading edge over, then high centers. I've yet to see it drive itself off when that happens.

That's okay though, because those shouldn't even be there. I hope to get a liner replacement before next spring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.