1st Time Pool Owner 36,000 gallons tackling algae problem

The very first cleaning, the cartridges were green.
Green like algae or more like turquoise or blue?

Looking for signs of copper, which is usually a greenish blue or turquoise.

The mineral cartridge adds copper and silver, which can cause stains that are turquoise, grey or black.

I would remove the mineral cartridge.

Green like algae or more like turquoise or blue?

Looking for signs of copper, which is usually a greenish blue or turquoise.

The mineral cartridge adds copper and silver, which can cause stains that are turquoise, grey or black.

I would remove the mineral cartridge.
Green like algae.. the pool was a disgusting swampy green color. The current condition is 100% better and so clear. It just is confusing because i see some pools have a light blue water color. See the photo, this is on zillow when the house was listed. It looks like it was never a light blue color.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
To me, this turquoise jumps out as copper.

Copper is also grey to black, which blends into your plaster color, so it is difficult to tell what is original color and what is copper.

1687731489874.png

full

full

full

full

full

The water is clear, but its still not a light blue color like the one at my neighborhood community center. How do i achieve that?

The water will have a different color depending on the finish when my pool was blue the water has a deep blue color than when it was white it has a teal color. Looks like you have a pebble finish which a lot of people like and is more expensive to have done but depending on the pebble finish it will effect the color of your water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.