1963 pool resurection

Pb said to wait about 5 days if I remember right. Mostly so you are not packing plaster dust down like a steamroller. It's not about softness, the plaster is as hard as it's going to get I'm told.
Since I don't see any plaster dust in the water there shouldn't be anything to push down into the surface. That's my logic anyway.
Heater is on and working well. Still haven't dropped robot in.

Thanks ping.
New issue. Pump not getting prime.checked pump lid. Good. Added water to pool. Good. Stuck hose wrapped in wet rag into pump intake. Getting air bubbles coming into skimmer. Air leak?
Pool worked good up until yesterday I think. Had family over and kids enjoyed pool and spa all day/ night. Went to change back from spa to pool last night to filter pool and couldn't get prime. Also shut off main drains before the hose trick. Shouldn't I always have water in the skimmer line into the pump?
Frustrating.
*Update* put ball in skimmer line to block pipe and pump ran fine off of main drains. Must be air leak right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If it doesn't go underground how could it work? Water flows downhill. Is your grass lower than pool level?
Mine just dies in the dirt. It was supposed to go to drain but the pb just assumed he would take it there and never actually checked the elevations. I did. It was about 4"or 5" too high if I remember correctly. I told him to just leave it and I will pick it up later.

IMG_2745_zps0b141063.jpg

IMG_2747_zps6edcdfaa.jpg

Wow. That's all they did with it huh? I would have thought they would have done something dramatic with it the way you carry on about it. ;)
Seriously though, isn't that in the way if you were to actually mow that lawn? Jk. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::joker::joker::joker::joker:

Trust me I'm not happy with it the way it is, but at least it performs it's intended function. There was no discussion of overfill drain in my project until it actually existed. The grass around that drain is eventually going to die off for sure so I'll have a bald spot in my lawn right there. But had I not asked what it was and questioned where the water was supposed to go, the decking guys would have poured solid concrete over it and rendered it completely useless. The decking guy acted like he had no idea what it even was. There was no time to decide what to do with it other than extend it past the deck because this happened while they were there to pour the decking and I wasn't about to postpone that.

I just use the weed whacker over there to keep the area open in front of the drain so it doesn't really interfere with the yard maintenance.

Salt will also kill grass. Even though I don't have a salt pool from what I've gathered on this site eventually (albeit years from now) there will be enough salt in the pool to run a SWG from adding bleach. That means there will definitely be a dead spot over there at some point, and I am expecting it. I imagine water is definitely coming out of that drain, especially when there are people in the pool splashing and the water is bobbing up and down along the tile line. Plus whenever it rains enough to fill the pool. I try very hard to wait until it rains before adding water, but today I had to add some even though there is 30% chance of rain. The water line was about to fall below the tile line completely. So far I'm adding approximately 500 gallons per month and it's not even swimming season.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.