TFP Guide
Jun 7, 2018
Alamo, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Is there any way to program my EasyTouch 8 to increase my Intelliflo VS pump speed when Solar mode engages?

I have recently learned that my usual speed is too low to fully close the solar's vacuum relief valves. I can't find any way to automate a speed boost when solar is on, and prefer not to run the pump at high speed all the time just in case the solar engages.

Thanks!

rjs,

Yes...

There are several heater related circuits that only show up under the pump set up screen when you have a heater or solar...

Just like if you want the pump to speed up when the "waterfall" circuit is on, you can assign "solar" to the pump speeds so that when the solar comes on the pump will increase its speed.

See below for a ScreenLogic page.. Where my page shows 'Either Heater", you would select "Solar" and set the speed you want.

dbtgallery.php

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks, Jim.

I left out one important detail... I don't have ScreenLogic. So I assume this is possible, just more difficult, using the control panel.

Any idea how to accomplish this using only the control panel? Create a new Circuit and name it "Solar"? Would naming it "Solar" have a special effect, as opposed to naming it "George"?

rjs,

You can't just name it George and make it work.. :p

Not having ScreenLogic is like having a car without a key FOB for opening the doors.. Yes, it works, but not nearly as easy or fun..

Using the little 3" display, you should still be able to see "Solar" show up in in the list of active circuits under the pump menu..

Menu, Settings, IntelliFlo, Pump #1, Speeds (1 thru 8) Move to one that has "None" listed as the Circuit name.. change it to "Solar" and add the speed you want.

These are special "circuits" and do not show up on the regular circuit page, only on the pump page...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Rocket J Squirrel
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.