Waller, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
We have a three-way valve to divert water flow from our returns to the bubblers on our tanning shelf. When the pool builder set up our EasyTouch 4, the solenoid for that valve switches from fully open to the returns to partially open to both the bubblers and returns. Picture attached shows the valve positioned so the bubblers are getting water (side with the three ball valves).

My question is, why bother leaving water flowing through the returns? It seems like I should just have the valve open fully to the bubblers when I have them on and run the pump at a lower speed. Is there any down side to setting it up this way?

Attachments

• 834B9AAB-E706-4F04-9CF7-C49AD7A4FD84.jpeg
    834B9AAB-E706-4F04-9CF7-C49AD7A4FD84.jpeg
    539 KB · Views: 7
Tony,

Kind of depends on how long you leave the bubblers on..

The Returns help the water "swirl" kind of like a very slow flushing toilet bowl.. This helps drag floating stuff in front of the skimmers and helps with the skimming action.

In the big picture, as long as you have no skimming issues, it would not matter if all the water only went to the bubblers.

I consider how your pool builder set it up to be normal operation.

Try it your way... You can't hurt anything, and can always reverse it, it you don't like it.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: tonytx05
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.