Placement of spa jets- where do you prefer them?

I'm posting this separate from my pool build thread because this needs to be decided today. I have no idea where to have the spa jets placed. We will have 6 jets in a 7' square spa. Upper back ? Lower?

Not sure if this helps... My builder said a couple dual seats - left and right jets and some single jet seats. He warned of getting to complex - cost, maintenance, and longevity of the plumping. Thought these were good points.

I say lower back. You can always dunk down to get the jets on your upper back. If jets are high it is difficult to get the lower body onto the jets.

I have 4 jets and each is about 3-6” higher from the other, with the lowest jet really only 3” from the bench. I prefer the lower back one that’s approx 6” from bench for lower back. I can sit next to that one for the entire soak. I do like the highest jet that hits my upper back second best, and can shuffle over and move along my shoulders and upper back. The lowest and second from highest are effectively useless for me. I’m 6’1” if that makes a difference.

I had mine staggered. We have 3 seats with double jets -- one of them is dual side-by-side and the other two are high-low. But every jet is a little different. The idea was that you could run the gamut...maybe you find one that is your favorite but I've always enjoyed mixing it up after a few minutes. I'm still in construction so I hope I like what I did...I'll let you know in a few months if I'd do it differently next time. ;-)

I had mine staggered. We have 3 seats with double jets -- one of them is dual side-by-side and the other two are high-low. But every jet is a little different. The idea was that you could run the gamut...maybe you find one that is your favorite but I've always enjoyed mixing it up after a few minutes. I'm still in construction so I hope I like what I did...I'll let you know in a few months if I'd do it differently next time. ;-)

Dotbombjoe this is a very interesting idea. I really can’t wait to see how it turns out and how they plumb it.

attachment.php

I had another thread recently where I asked about whether my plumbing was ok...

My understanding is that it is common to have the jets at different levels for different seats and to have a few seats with multiple jets.

The PB brought me out to the spa with the plumber pre-shotcrete. The plumber went around and made notes on the height and configuration of each seat.

There are even special plumbing components made for multi-jet seats...the most common one I saw was a three-jet configuration with two side-by-side with a third lower in the middle.

My PB said it’s nice to have a few special seats for you and your spouse since that’s most of the usage for most people.

I had 10 or 11 jets though so it was an easier decision to do that...

Last edited:
Looks good, I like the approach to the plumbing. Making those little adjustments make all the difference in making the spa more attractive from a ‘entice me to use this’ perspective.
What type & HP of pump will you be using? Is that what appears to be the venturi vent pipe on north end of image? Or is a bubbler recommended for that many jets?

We still haven't completely finalized the equipment but the current plan is a 3hp pentair intelliflow for the main circulation pump (also used during spa mode), a 2hp booster pump for spa mode and another 1hp pump for the water feature.

The tall pipe is to support the water feature -- there will be a raised bond beam (~3.5' higher than the spa wall) with a waterfall feature of some sort embedded in it. The other pipe that comes up and back down is the air/venturi line...that's coming up above the water line to prevent water from backing up to the pad via the air line.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.