Pool removal advice

xdriv3

Oct 8, 2017
NYC
Hey all,

I gave it a shot. Pool ownership is not my thing. I’d to remove my pool. Any suggestion if this is best performed after the winter or is it ok to do it now? Any tips and advice would be much appreciated.

I say go ahead and do it now. That way you don't have to worry about all of the nasty stuff like leaves and such in the Spring. I would offer it up on Nextdoor or such and say first come can have it for $??? IF they help take it down. Just know the liner canNOT be re-used. Many have tried and all have failed :(

Counter point: if you hope to sell it, or even get someone enthusiastic about taking it off your hands, they're not likely thinking "Hey, it's getting cold, I think I want to buy a used pool!" You might do better if you wait until it starts to get hot again.

Or take lots of pictures of it, take it down now, and store it until spring to sell it then.

A Craig's List ad is easy (and free). Easy enough to see if I'm right or wrong about that. Place an ad, see if you get any takers.

I've bought and put up two used pools. One was taken down already. I had to take the other one down. I prefer it be taken down, it's that much less work for me. If I ever do this again I'm getting one that's already been taken down if I can. So, if I were you I'd take it down. It will be an easier sell later. I would take lots of pics during disassembly and offer them along with the sale, they will help whoever wants to put it back together.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.