New Dolphin Proteus DX4 runs for only 10 mins then stops

tetsuo

Sep 17, 2018
Austin, Texas
I just got a new Dolphin Proteus DX4. I understand it's basically the same model as the Triton PS, Quantum, Discovery, A20, etc. I've run it about 5-6 times now and it seems to only run for a bit and then it just stops. I've timed several runs at 6 minutes, 9 minutes, and 15 minutes. Any one seen this issue? Curious if anyone has and maybe something simple to fix. I may be calling Maytronics support tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Grovie16
So last night I swapped the basket filters from the mesh to the pleated filters and the cleaner ran the full 2 hrs. This morning I decided to try it with the flat mesh filters again and the robot was running for over an hour before I headed to work. Did I need to break it in? :)

I read in another thread that pool chemistry can affect the cleaner significantly. I did have pool cleaners come and service yesterday during the morning. Are these robot cleaners sensitive to those changes?

After about 3 weeks of use (less than 1 month old), the cleaner simply starts and just stops. I had to actually ship the device to Maytronic Georgia center to get it warranty serviced. That's really disappointing that 1) the device only lasted less than 1 month, and 2) I have to ship the device to get it repaired. I bought the Proteus DX4 thinking I would be able to have it serviced at a local Leslie's or there will be nearby Maytronics authorized repair centers. The paper work that came with the device actually says I can go to any Leslie's to get it service, but apparently for warranty I need to ship it to Maytronics (and pay for the shipping myself).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.