I'm off to summer camp and worried about my pool water

MrBfromNC

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
May 23, 2018
Fuquay-Varina, NC
So, about this time every year, I volunteer for church camp near Hickory, NC for one week. This time around, I am just a little bit scared of what shape I might find my pool water in when I get back. I've been keeping very close records of my chlorine usage over the past few weeks and have poured 4 cups of my Pool Essentials 10% LC into jugs and labeled them "Sunday", "Monday", etc for my wife to pour into the pool while I'm gone. She knows how to use the filter for vacuuming so I'm sure the pool floor will be taken care of while I'm gone.

I certainly trust her but I still feel really weird about leaving my "newborn" pool in somebody else's hands for 7 days. Please keep your fingers crossed that I don't come back home to find 13,000 gallons of greezy, grimey sludge where my purdy, blue, clear water USED TO BE.

** GULP **
:drown::drown::drown:

Looking forward to seeing MrsBfromNC logion here and we will help her through any issues that may come up in you absence.

We got your back if she comes around.

Looking forward to seeing MrsBfromNC logion here and we will help her through any issues that may come up in you absence.

We got your back if she comes around.

Thanks Allen. I asked her if she wanted me to show her how to run the FC, CC and CYA tests but she said no. She will just add the LC from my pre-labeled jugs (when the pump is running, of course) and act like Dora...... just keep swimmin', just keep swimmin', just keep swimmin'.

She has eyes. Tell her to call TFP-911 is she sees the water change from your sparkling clear you left it at.

You're only gone a week. True story: I had a wheelbarrow with some compost residue in it. Then it got full of rain. Then it sat in the sun for a week. It never did go totally green on me, just some scuzz on the walls. If that fertile breeding ground didn't get overwhelmed by algae in a week, I seriously doubt your up-til-now pristine pool will.

Dose it up to shock level before you go if it makes you feel better.

That’s kindA what I did last year when I went to the beach and my buddy was doing my ph and fc. I brought it up 4 ppm over my target and had him dose accorning from there. Worked out well. If it was really hot I had him add an extra 20 oz those days from what he was adding regularly. I came home to a balanced pool actually.

All's well that ends well. Got home Saturday night, tested and found everything in tip-top shape. She only forgot to add LC one single day. I told her not to worry about it and just add normally from the next day forward.

Got a FC level of 5 when I got home and the only thing she completely forgot was to dump out the skimmer basket. Full of leaves and little beetles. Mmmmmm. LOL

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.