Countdown begins

I saw where you posted that you live in Hawesville.. we’ve gotten quit a bit of rain the last couple of days. How’s your pool doing? Hopefully they got the floor poured with concrete. Friday is supposed to be dig day here. Will be posting more pics when it begins.

Yep they got the floor poured yesterday and they put a pump in anticipating the rain!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
081E1F6C-EB1B-4FB4-82F8-C9EDC5863618.jpgWalls have been concrete to set, shallow end poured, drain runoff created as well. Pump space created in case water becomes an issue. We just drop in pump and evacuate as needed.
FDAA5EB4-6862-4A72-A544-59D2613622A2.jpg

WOW! That is a LOT of work done!! SWEET!

Now I want your really look at your steps. Think about this.........you cannot put too much/many supports under them. This is the number 1 problem with steps as they are not supported well enough or the support, if sand or such, washes out for some reason=the steps crack :( You can use sand bags over blocks (keep the steps from rubbing on the hard blocks. There are many other ideas as well if you do a search.

Kim:kim:

WOW! That is a LOT of work done!! SWEET!

Now I want your really look at your steps. Think about this.........you cannot put too much/many supports under them. This is the number 1 problem with steps as they are not supported well enough or the support, if sand or such, washes out for some reason=the steps crack :( You can use sand bags over blocks (keep the steps from rubbing on the hard blocks. There are many other ideas as well if you do a search.

Thanks much Kim for your helpful advice, I looked how the steps were supported and there are 4 equally spaced brackets supporting each step underneath. There is concrete going almost to the 2nd and then more rock after the plumbing is run on Monday. I really can see where that might be an issue.

So the steps are sitting on the black uprights. The black uprights are fitted to ??? looks like white tubes but the tubes don't seem to support the steps. The place in the middle where there is no black upright is where I would really look at for extra support as well as finding a way to get something right under the steps that will stay there long term.

So the steps are sitting on the black uprights. The black uprights are fitted to ??? looks like white tubes but the tubes don't seem to support the steps. The place in the middle where there is no black upright is where I would really look at for extra support as well as finding a way to get something right under the steps that will stay there long term.

I saw that and thought the same thing. Stepping down in to the middle allows for some "oomph" downward, and over time that may be a problem. I wondered why they didn't add a fifth riser there?

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.